Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Posts?

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I wish I did.  Years ago when GJ did Positive some of us exchanged phone # and talked.  We were all in different states except GJ & my dearly departed friend Linda IN MN.  She & I talked for years and I haven't felt the same sense she passed away.  I miss her!

Sometimes it seems that posters know eachother or maybe they just know someones "name" and answer whenever they see them.

I had invited one of my neighbors (Debbie) to join Butterfly & Friends on the new Positive but she is quite ill and hasn't done it yet.

Most of my neighbors know I write here and sometimes when I get a comment out of left field I wonder if it isn't one of them.  Or maybe it's just another poster who doesn't like what I have to say.  I do try to offer help if I have experience on a subject.

Maybe some of you know your friends from FB?  I'm not on there.......Cat Very Happy

@Jackhound Mom

@Was that LininMI @O@ ?  She has a beautiful granddaughter with blond hair who once donated it for locks of love?

I really loved posting with her & she had excellent skin advice.

@Drythe--I believe her nic was LyninMI.  I remember her and wonder if she still posts.  She was nice. I hope she is well!

I used to only post on Beauty until I went totally organic with makeup, body and skincare.

I also remember some other posters who used to post there about 10 years ago, Xanax4smiles, PhillyZepHeather, Joella.  I probably hacked their names up!  Do you remember them?

@Drythe and @Lucky Charm, If this is the one -- @lyn in MI -- she hasn't been here for about a year (you can click on her name that I posted and see her profile).    I remember her, too, and miss her.

@dooBdoo Thank you so much ~ you are such a sweetie!

Yes, that is exactly who I was thinking of.  She had a good bit of knowledge about cosmeceuticals and lots of sense.  When she tried a new product she would keep records of changes, and would give them a good long trial, and make performance comparisons to other products she knew.  I miss her very informative posts and wish her well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I am so grateful that I was able to meet and become friends with several people here on the board. Many MANY years ago, the Q had a chat room of sorts for a short while, and a bunch of ladies went in there and were able to connect via emails and phone. I have to say I've made what I consider to be lifetime friends from this board. One of my first friends, and one of the sweetest ladies around was Aunt Bertie. She and I spoke on the phone frequently and shared our happy news, as well as some of our sad news. I was heartbroken when she passed away, and will never forget her.

I am very grateful to QVC for allowing these beautiful people into my life.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I don't have an issue with PM,  and it would make this a better forum

treating posters like children who can't accept differing opinions and thoughts, through deleting has not been good

for the board

That's the way some act.

Honored Contributor

No.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I almost met with a regular here who lived in a neighborhood very close to mine.  It never worked out and she ended up moving across the country soon afterwards.  However I did meet up and had lunch with someone from the Ripka jewelry board.  I know that group (Ripkanistas) has met up a lot over the years.  I had a nice time and it's too bad we never continued.

Years ago I was active on the craft board.  While I never met any of the women in person we all loved scrapbooking so much that I started a group where we would exchange handmade cards & other bits of artwork.  Our exchange continued for a few years and one of the women set up a private board for us to communicate which was active for several more years. 

However Facebook came along and we moved all of our communication to a FB group.  By that time I had an Etsy shop which kept me very busy and fulfilled with crafting so I sort of stopped posting with the group.  It seemed to be fading away though I think some still post there.

ETA:  I actually DID meet one of the women for shopping & lunch from the craft board!!!...I almost forgot!  We had a nice time but she lived far and was only in my area since she was visting a relative for several days.

Honored Contributor

most forums/message boards

have to ability to turn on/off a PM function,  so if that were offered here,  it would probably come along with it.

in other words you don't have to accept a PM if you don't want to.  

in addition most boards provide a block/ignore function which is lacking here

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom

I started here...at least 2001...the year our DD was starting college. At least, that is when I first knew about QVC. As she was leaving home, I was becoming an empty-nester.

Computers were so new... I used to lay in bed at night when the whole House was asleep and try to decide how to get a picture into the newsletter. 🤳🏻 How far we have come!

I started a newsletter for her high school dance group ...that was 1989 (approx). We were most likely still only using phones to order here! lol💗

I gingerly stayed mostly within two groups and now I can’t remember the exact names of the groups. One group had to do with “friends” and the other was in a section called “beauty” and something to do with chat. These two groups were rarely controversial. For any hot topics ( fireworks)  I went to another more political group and usually just read.

The NR person was trying to sell a bogus argon oil...I read about it occasionally here and there.

I have made good forever friends on this Q forum.  I go within it where I feel wanted.

My friends from here still either email or touch base on FB. 

We set up our communication base with some confusing computer tactics.

One forum/FB friend was lost to me for months! But I located her thru her FB contacts. She is now FOUND. YAY🎉 

I will always remember how this forum helped me thru some of the most joyous as well as difficult circumstances in my life...and yes, it included SHOPPING! lol

Today is a lovely colonoscopy procedure (how nice🤦🏼‍♀️). Right now I keep thinking I will go into the kitchen and grab a bite...no I won’t! So until later this afternoon (after a BURGER) I will be back!

My forum activity remained “choppy” during the years 2001 - 2014. I re-started my career (new career) in the teaching field. SPED HS MATH.

But some of those years held lonely holidays for me, such as Christmas. I hung out here on the forum with some posters who were really cleverly funny... preds, burnsite, a lady who was a bartender in New Orleans who feared for her life (now THAT story felt made up to me); dooBdoo.

There were some posters  that were very opinionated and some animated discussions ensued. I was not involved in many of the more animated ones because I had my mind-set on the teaching thing. But it was so great to have a place like this!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I met NR and a few other posters quite a few years ago at a Oak Brook (I think)   restaurant quite a few years ago. It was a very nice gathering,  I don't think I know anyone now.  (The NR incidents happened later)