Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Posts?

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I know several posters from these forums.

Many years ago they weren't so strict about exchanging emails here, which eventually led to friendships IRL.

Some who lived in cities nearby each other would even meet up for shopping/lunch! 

@KingstonsMomYes Linda met Gloria Jean!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Not that I know of.  We don't have each other's email addresses so I don't how posters would ever connect with each other outside the board.  Unless they already know each other.  I've mentioned the board to friends but no one contributes to it.  I shared enough of myself on the board that if someone knows me in real life, they can easily identify me on the board.  I think I'm old school.  I don't think of people I know from boards or FB as "friends".   I don't know if there is word for relationships like that.  I suppose "social media friends" works and I don't want to meet those people because I enjoy the conversations and I'm afraid as so often is the case with social media, they might not be who or what I think they are.  

@chrystaltree

At that time, we would post a 'throwaway email' here to the person, then take it from there if we chose to, but now that's against the rules and NOT recommended.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I don’t know anybody on the forum but wish I did. 

@OKPrincess

I wish I knew you!Heart

And many others here!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

I don’t know anybody on the forum but wish I did. 

@OKPrincess

I wish I knew you!Heart

And many others here!Heart

Likewise. Thank you

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe  Thank you!  I'm glad you have your baby!  Enjoy him!

Honored Contributor

I don't know anyone personally on this board, but do from another similar group.  We "met" over 20 years ago through a group about a breed of dog we all had.  Through the years many of us met, sometimes on group trips to New Orleans, New York, and other places.  We have remained friends all this time.

As far as Facebook, I don't have any "friends" on Facebook that I don't personally know.  Some of them are from high school and I haven't seen them in years, but they are personally known to me.  I delete friend requests from anyone else.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

No, though it might be nice. I’d have no idea how you’d go about it though. 

Honored Contributor

Our housing development has about 22 homes and one neighbor posts. I helped get her set up because she only read the boards at first. It's kind of funny when people speculate about the veracity of something we said, because we know what's what. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to read that Linda passed away.  I called her one day and she said she was in hospice.  She had to go, nurses were there taking care of her.

When my daughter did the 20 mile walk for cancer, Linda and her husband came over here to donate some nice stuff of the garage sale we were having for that walk.  We had a very nice visit with them both out on our patio. Such nice people.  Yes, at that time we were allowed to give out our email addresses, in fact, they were in our profile if anyone wanted them. Linda is the only one I met personally, but met and emailed quite a few on line even on the phone.  

Are you the Cathy who was in Ohio and moved to AZ?  If so, how are you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had the privilege of speaking to @gloriajean  on a few occasions, and  another  couple of posters, also

One was Bleuday also known as Maven and Allegra, and Opia, there was also another lady ,who  lost her father and we  chatted . I can't recall her name. Gloriajean might remember, she lived in Ohio. 

I also chatted with Rapunzel, and Biancardi. I never hung with any particular group, nor aligned myself ,with any particular political  clan. I found friendship in many different outlooks, and they were all wonderful

Opps I forgot to add @RainCityWoman we spoke on the phone too  another wonderful person

I also got a  call from StephieK husband after her surgery was completed. He wanted me to know she was good. He seemed like a terrific guy, and she lost him to cancer  not long after