Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Keep An Umbrella In The Car?

Yes, i have one heavy duty and one cute compact umbrella.  i rarely bother with them. today we had rain all day. i had a dr appt. and wore a poncho w/hoodie. ( i'm northeast)

My son and fam live in WA.  They take the kids out in all weather.  When i was there last May the weather was quite brisk - the kids were babies...i froze in my packable down jacket.   none of them bothered with even a long sleeved shirt!  Downpours in December?  NBD.  We got soaked going to Costco. No complaints. Came home dried off.  

Snow shuts them all down tho. There was quite a major snowstorm.  Legless in the snow. We didnt venture out for a week!

Respected Contributor

I keep a compact umbrella in my purse so I always have one handy if I'm caught in a shower. 

I have a full size umbrella in my car but I just use it to pop my passenger side view mirror back out when it gets folded in at the car wash. It keeps me from having to get out of the car and walk around to do it. 🙂

Honored Contributor

I do not.  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

No, I don't even own one.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I keep one in my car but only use it under certain conditions.  Most times, they're more of a nusiance than being helpful.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown