Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Keep An Umbrella In The Car?

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, Im one of those people who covers my head with my jacket or sweater and dashes into the store or building.  I'm not afraid of water.  I'm not made of sugar, I won't melt.  Sometimes a summer shower feels good on a hot day.

@chrystaltree 

I'm guessing that you have hair that doesn't frizz up or go flat when it gets damp/wet.  Would I be right?  My baby fine, straight hair doesn't do well with water, even a sprinkle.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, Im one of those people who covers my head with my jacket or sweater and dashes into the store or building.  I'm not afraid of water.  I'm not made of sugar, I won't melt.  Sometimes a summer shower feels good on a hot day.

@chrystaltree 

I'm guessing that you have hair that doesn't frizz up or go flat when it gets damp/wet.  Would I be right?  My baby fine, straight hair doesn't do well with water, even a sprinkle.

You're right lol,  I have naturally curly hair.  If it gets wet in the rain, I just shake it and pull it up into a ponytail..  

Respected Contributor

Yes, umbrella always in the car - and most of the time, also my rain coat....not gonna need it in the house.

Respected Contributor

Yes and it is a small one in the door pocket, but rarely use it as so many times just putting the hoodie up works just fine. I do use a large one alot for dog walking. I have several inside the house and have used two if one is drying.

Super Contributor

I keep two in the car at all times
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but only for guests.  I love to walk in the rain. 

Valued Contributor

Are you kidding? I live in the Seatlle area where it rains incessantly and NO ONE carries an umbrella.

Years ago there was a movie that showed students at UW using umbrellas, and the audience laughed themselves silly. Because it rains so much, an umbrella--getting it out, opening it up, shaking the water out of it--is actually a nusiance. It's easier just to throw on a water-proof hoodie and be done with it.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I keep an umbrella in the car, at work and at home. I do not like getting wet from the rain. I am brown sugar and I will melt Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

The last time we had significant rain? December.

So, no.
Valued Contributor

Sure do.  I probably have about seven in my car at any given time.  All sizes.  I must be prepared.  If one drop of water lands on my head my hair will grow...and grow...and grow...