Respected Contributor

Do You Have Your Macy's Card Link To Your Plenty Card?

I went to the Macy's website and had it linked or so I thought. I went to Macy's(a week ago) and it never got linked and I din't notice it until I went to Macy's today and the cashier asked me if I had a Plenti card and I said yes. I had to put in my phone number and she said it got linked. When I went a week ago the cashier never asked me anything about my Plenti card. So I guess everytime you shop at Macy's you need to tell them to link it to your card. I thought it was automatic but it's not.Ladies if you have yours liked to your Macy's card check your receipt to see if it is there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have Your Macy's Card Link To Your Plenty Card?

Don't have or need a Macy's card since I rarely shop there. Even the best Macy's in Southern California are a bit of a disappointment.  

Honored Contributor

No. I cut my Macy's card up and haven't shopped there since they wrote to then Texas Governor Rick Perry and asked him to veto a fair pay act for women, which he then did. If they think it should be harder for me to exercise my rights to a fair pay check, they aren't going to get even a penny of my money.

Honored Contributor

I had it linked until I was told it is a tracking device to follow your spending habits. Macy's has really changed the past year and it's a shadow of itself and what it used to be. 

Respected Contributor

I had an issue when the plan was new and the cashier had not entered info properly. They reentered info. After that no problem. It's automatic and the points do add up. Nice at gas pump. They don't always ask.
Valued Contributor

Do I have to link up to QVC withPlenti or how does that work. I use QVC quite a bit so it would be worth it for me to get my plenti points here.

Becky blu

Regular Contributor

I still do well at Macy's and shop there often, but I don't have Plenti.  It's only linked to certain places, none of which I use a credit card at.  The cashiers do ask me if I have a Plenti account though, every time I shop.  I just say not interested.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Early on, it was too complicated, and too much of a hassle for me to keep up with, and I didn't shop at the rewards places anyway.

Am looking to simplify, not complicate my life.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

Yes mine is linked.  As someone else said, Macy's is a shadow of its former self, so they can "track" my non-buying all they want at Plenti.  LOL

I'm at Lord & Taylor these days.

Nordstrom is dead to me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The main problem with Plenti, as I saw it, was that, when signing up, you have to give your birthdate.  And you couldn't just make one up if you'd ever had an American Express card because they'd call you on it (because Am Ex knows your real birthdate from old credit apps).  Because of identity theft concerns, I wasn't about to give my real birthdate to Plenti.  Who knows if they'd share it with their retail partners and how secure would it be!