Honored Contributor

It has always amazed me how people feel so good after exercising. 

"When you work out, your body makes endorphins -- "feel-good" chemicals in the brain. You can actually start to feel better within a few minutes of moving. But the effects of regular exercise can last for a long time.".

I always feel horrible after a long brisk walk or anything.  My friend would always be on top of the world!

Guess I don't make endorphins!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Enjoy Exercising?

I really don't like it either! 

I joined a gym in Feb. and went 3-4 times a week and was starting to really enjoy going then but everything closed in mid March.

I know for my health I should do something but the pandemic has just made me very lazy when it comes to exercise.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I really don't like it either! 

I joined a gym in Feb. and went 3-4 times a week and was starting to really enjoy going then but everything closed in mid March.

I know for my health I should do something but the pandemic has just made me very lazy when it comes to exercise.

@haddon9 Was the group influence you liked?

Esteemed Contributor

I used to enjoy it.  I lost 15# I wanted to lose 5# more. I loved the way I felt and liked what I saw in the mirror.

Then life took a turn with DH health, all kinds of "spirit breakers"  It's not a good excuse but it's true. I can't get my motor going. I keep saying "tomorrow" ....

Esteemed Contributor

Boy, that would be rough, to feel worse after exercise.  I feel so much better when I exercise.  If I miss a few days I start to get headaches.  My body runs amok.  It does so much for me in numerous ways. 

Honored Contributor

Yes - I almost always have a "high" after physical therapy or a trip to the gym - both of which I dearly miss while under house arrest.

The place I go for PT is really a lot of fun/laughs.  The therapists are women and most of the clients know one another from the neighborhood or Church.   It's like spending an hour having fun with "the girls"

So - all I've been doing is my regular back/leg exercises at home, and trying to get out every day and walking for half an hour.   Easy to do in the City.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

i'd rather have a root canal!!

Honored Contributor

I feel about exercising like I do cleaning, I hate them both. They are necessary evils, but evil nonetheless.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Yes

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

i work out everyday and i never get those highs. i wondered too about those people who do.