Honored Contributor

Do The Purchases Your Husband Makes For You

[ Edited ]

Get thrown in your face???  Mine do and I'm sick of it.  I purchased the neon apatite ring for myself and thought the earrings to go with would be nice.  I showed him the earrings and he said "get them ... that'll be your Valentine gift."  I know he said it so he wouldn't have to be bothered to go out and purchase something on his own, so I said OK.  Two minutes went by and I had to listen to how much his EZ pays were for the month ... it wasn't all for me either.  Some was food and HH stuff.  He's so miserable lately.  The older he gets the worse.  

My laptop has not been working right for a month now.  Something got under the keys and he cleaned it.  It was OK for a few days and it started again, now three more keys came off, they won't go back on and so we have to take it to Best Buy for a new keyboard.  He's having a fit over it.  I'm so tired of his attitude.  Can't even sit in the same room with him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do The Purchases Your Husband Makes For You

No never.DH buys me gifts all the time. If I want something  he tells me to buy it.It makes him happy to see me happy.I've been complaining about my iPad for the last few months & DH keeps saying to  me "rather than be upset just order another one".

I'm sorry your husband is upsetting you. Maybe you should try talking to him about the way you feel.

Super Contributor

At least your honest with him. That's not easy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It appears to me there's more going on here than meets the eye.  You need to find out what it is and do something about it.  You shouldn't have to live this way.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you're having a tough time of it with him.

Maybe the EZ pays are a little high when they're all lumped together?  He's just be realistic?

Not sure how much you're spending on him for St. Valentine's day or if it's something he really wants?  Maybe ask him what he'd like?

Can't hurt.  Fair is fair.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  I'm sorry.  That must be very difficult for you.  I'm glad you were able to post it here.  Sometimes we just need to vent and explain to others.  Even if things don't change, it helps for others to hear you and understand.  **hugs**  ❤❤❤

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like it may be time for a “cool off time” for the two of you.  Once that has happened, I would approach your DH for a calm talk.  Obviously, it’s time to be honest.  If you say “I feel.” Or “I felt” very hurt when you said.......it helps to make your point.  Instead of “You ...”, which makes some people very defensive.  Think of it, it’s harder for someone to challenge how you feel.

Actually, in our marriage, DH is relieved when I pick out when I want for a special occasion.  And I like it, too.  It is always jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

From what I've read here and in your other posts, he doesn't sound like a very nice guy.  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT  Very good advice.  Also, there's very little my husband can buy for me anymore.  I always pick out my own gifts.  That way, he knows I'm going to like it.  (And yes, like you, it's usually jewelry!)  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

Mine very seldom buys me anything. A new bed that was needed, property that we wanted to keep in the family. But as far as buying me gifts, no. I buy my own.  

I'm sorry your dh is acting like this, that was us last week. I was ready to move in with dd, not that she would have been happy with that. I can see my dh griping about the jewelry and the laptop. Especially the laptop, which was not your fault. 

You wear that new jewelry and have fun doing it is my only advice. 

Sometimes it feels like my dh and I not only are not on the same page, we are in totally different books.