Honored Contributor

Dispositions being negatively impacted by virus

[ Edited ]

I'm used to reading negative opinions on threads.  What I'm not used to is complaints on such minor matters, and more surprising is the identity of normally cordial posters.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dispositions being negatively impacted by virus

I'm sorry, but i think people are tired of this virus being blamed for everything going wrong. One month ago, maybe, not anymore, now its just an excuse for bad business
Respected Contributor

People are getting so nit picky & feel like they have the right to scold others over any imagined infraction, because they are  "right".

So they scold us on the internet or stop us on the street to tell us how "selfish" we are or how "wrong" we are.

Honored Contributor

I don't mean the virus itself, I mean the forced stay-at-home-ness.

Respected Contributor

Boy, you are not kidding!  In real life, too.  I think we are all just tired of it, and are testy.  I know I am - and I go out everyday to work!    We are human after all.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'm used to reading negative opinions on threads.  What I'm not used to is complaints on such minor matters, and more surprising is the identity of normally cordial posters.  

People have always complained about minor matters on these forums. Are you seeing more of it?

I think people are getting cabin fever and we're reading about more people acting out in public, but I haven't really seen anything too out of the ordinary on the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

People are getting so nit picky & feel like they have the right to scold others over any imagined infraction, because they are  "right".

So they scold us on the internet or stop us on the street to tell us how "selfish" we are or how "wrong" we are.

That and the constant 'one up" about what they saw. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I think it points up how entitled we feel and how spoiled we are living in this country and having everything at our fingertips and exactly what we want when we want.

Maybe this will remind us how greatful we should be for the little things tha tpeople in other countries don't always have access to. It's not a right; it's a blessing that we have. 

Honored Contributor

Some people are always negative and enjoy stirring the pot.  They now have more  "soup" to stir and are taking advantage of every opportunity to throw mean comments at every turn.

The people who are always nice, appear to still be nice, though they show signs of frustration at times..which is normal considering what's happening.

I don't think the Virus has changed people much.....it just brought out their true colors.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've noticed a lot of whining and complaining on my local Nextdoor forum. I'm used to complaints about people who don't pick up after their dog, package theft, etc., but now the complaints are really contentious. Runners against bikers, bikers against walkers, mask wearers against people who don't cover up. The thing that really upsets me is the posting of conspiracy theory YouTube's which trigger long, nasty conversations. I've never had to mute so many people! Forums like Nextdoor and QVC aren't appropriate for that.

YouTube's