Honored Contributor

Displaying Small Collectibles

How do you display your small collectibles? 

Mine are in a traditional curio cabinet. I also have the cabinet that my grandmother used for her precious items. 

Here are a few other ideas. 

I’ve seen people use coffee tables like this. People can browse your collection as they are sitting. Makes for interesting conversation starters. I like it. 

C82D32D4-A258-4036-BCBE-D0CB5B9B3C99.jpeg

Shadow boxes have been used for a long time 

9BF4C1C8-C2C3-4855-9534-4264C0E94AE0.jpeg

If your child (or you) have lots of little figurines or objects. Lots of dusting required. 

189E8F5F-9B9F-4FA3-B2B5-B52F23321B56.jpeg

C3D9A8C3-80DB-45E7-B033-279FD3AA5C06.jpeg

These 2 have interesting geometric designs. 

EFCB1FA2-3194-46E4-B6DF-D386634886E3.jpeg

A50C0591-4AA5-4F2B-8732-9AD232DB4693.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Displaying Small Collectibles

I don't have small collectables, but the coffee table is really interesting!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have two small curio cabinets where I display my collection of small "Charming Tails" collectibles. 

I also have a large glass china hutch in my diningroom where I display my collection of cookie jars.    A few of them date back to the 30's and 40's.   They belonged to my paternal grandmother.   

I'm sure they wouldn't mean much to anyone else but they are really special to me.

I like the idea of the coffee table but I most likely wouldn't have it in my home.   I'm not a fan of keeping collectibles out in the open like the last 4.   That's way too much dusting for me.

Honored Contributor

I have tables from Pottery Barn and I rotate different things throughout the year.

Right now I have these blue bunnies.  They belonged to my sister's MIL. 

Rabbits.jpg

These are my great aunt's perfume bottles.

Perfume Bottles.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@wilma   When the grandchildren came along, the "tempted to touch" things were put in boxes, out of reach. They're almost old enough to think about display ideas. Thanks for posting. 

Respected Contributor

I try to avoid openly displaying small collectibles and I keep them to a minimum because I hate dusting!

Honored Contributor

Some of those are so pretty!  I like the enclosed ones - not so much dust!  I have a small case on my wall with glass that I have a few minature items.  Other than that I have a few tiny crystal pieces on my nighstand that were special gifts from DH from our trips to FLA.  I have what I guess you would call "knick-knacks", but not a lot and they are just sprinkled around.  Some are in the t.v. room in a mirrored shelf unit.  Some times the dusting gets away from me!  I have done away with a lot of the stuff and have tried to keep just the special things! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a enclosed curio cabinet. But I've been ready to get rid of half of this stuff for years. Including the curio cabinet. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I have a enclosed curio cabinet. But I've been ready to get rid of half of this stuff for years. Including the curio cabinet. 

@deeva 

I understand. I actually got rid of some of my collectibles a few years ago. I kept the pieces that meant the most to me. Some were given to me by my late mother and aunt. 

Respected Contributor

I collect Hummel figurines. I also have many pieces of Capodomonte from the earlier days of QVC that I now regret buying.  So much money spent on collectibles.