Honored Contributor

@Melly52 wrote:

Why don't QVS HSn have any disabled hosts.? I am sure many people with disabilities buy the products

Q is a huge business and should have a lot of diversity.  Just because we can't see all their employees doesn't mean they don't have a wide range of employees. We just don't know.  

I agree with others that disabilities don't always show on the outside.  There are tons of disabilities people can't see.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I understand there are disabilities that do not make someone disabled, hence this question.  

However, answering by what I am familiar with, a disability means a monthly check and medical benefits.   

No, that's not what "disability" means.  What you're talking about are people with disabilities that are so severe they are unable to work and are eligible for Disability benefits.  Obviously we would not see them on-air at QVC.

But plenty of people have disabilities and ARE able to work.  I had a family member who was paralyzed from the chest down, and continued to work.  He didn't get a monthly check.  But most definitely he had a disability.  That's a strong example, but there are many types of disabilities that don't prevent people from working.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I understand there are disabilities that do not make someone disabled, hence this question.  

However, answering by what I am familiar with, a disability means a monthly check and medical benefits.   

What you describe are the disabilities that qualify for aid under state or federal guidelines.  Those are many but, really, very few of all the types of disabilities people may have.  

A lot of people function well and still take care of everything themselves but have a disability.  This accounts for most of the handicapped license plates and placards.

I don't receive government checks for my disability. I've had people yell at me because I parked in a handicapped spot.  I have handicapped plates on my car and I am very independent.  My disability doesn't show on the outside unless it happens to be acting up.  On good days, I still need to park close but will take a non-handicapped spot if it's within my walking distance. 

My sister had a stroke at 52 but can still do a lot of things everyone else can.  However, she has a prosthetic leg and some other phyisical effects from the stroke so her disability shows on the outside.  No one questions her parking in a handicapped spot because they see her disability.

Respected Contributor

I've seen people with wheelchairs on "Family Feud."