Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

To all you Grannies, Grandmas, Nanas etc....

If you think that YOU are deriving love, comfort and pleasure from your special moments with your grandchildren, they are living in moments that become treasured memories as well.

I will be 70 next year and my Nana and Papa are as fresh in my mind and as alive in my heart as they were when I was riding in the big back seat of their '56 Oldsmobile   The rides, the treats, the Holidays and especially the times curled up between them on the sofa watching TV still bring joy to this old heart.

I read somewhere once that nobody is ever completely dead and gone as long as people  remember them and still speak their name.  Grandparents are eternal.

You are so right about that and I guess it's goes for anyone you loved.

@781Florist 

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I take our older GS out to dinner after he picks out the clothes he wants at Under Armour!  

The boys are 5 years apart and when the younger one gets to the age I started, it will be his turn.

They both will have their own day and own dinner.

@ECBG     doesn't the younger one feel left out?  sad if he has to wait!  

@CatsyCline 

No, the younger one doesn't feel left out, thanks for asking.  He does something with his parents.

Some things you have to grow into, you don't just get it.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I take our older GS out to dinner after he picks out the clothes he wants at Under Armour!  

The boys are 5 years apart and when the younger one gets to the age I started, it will be his turn.

@CatsyCline 

No, the younger one doesn't feel left out, thanks for asking.  He does something with his parents.

Bless his heart.........I bet he does feel left out.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Sage04 yes I went to chicago, the little stinker was out of town for his work,so I didn't get to see him.i was really bummed about this and had I known ahead of time,I would have gone anothertime.my train ticket and hotel was pd for so I was stuck

@Luvsmyfam  so sorry to hear that. Hope you get to see him soon.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@CatsyCline 

Bless his heart.........I bet he does feel left out.  

@Hoovermom 

No, I had a discussion with the younger one and explained It was his turn at the same age his brother started this tradrition.  

His parents are wonderful and DILove makes it a special day for him.

I have a very special relationship with both GS,

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have special "dates". With my granddaughters. Each one has a special evening,sleepover and day with us. The activities vary greatly because one isavery intelligent 13 year old and one is a very bubbly ,very active 6 year old. So the dates are very different, but they are both lots of fun. Our weekly dates have gotten fouled up because four weeks ago my son ( who still lives at home) became very ill with covid. He recovered and we tested negative just in time for our vacation. Two days after we returned my husband  became ill and tested positive. He is returning to work tomorrow and I am holding my breath that perhaps we can continue our special times together!   Em

Honored Contributor

Life is short, get the Lobster.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 I like your way of thinking!

Valued Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I have special "dates". With my granddaughters. Each one has a special evening,sleepover and day with us. The activities vary greatly because one isavery intelligent 13 year old and one is a very bubbly ,very active 6 year old. So the dates are very different, but they are both lots of fun. Our weekly dates have gotten fouled up because four weeks ago my son ( who still lives at home) became very ill with covid. He recovered and we tested negative just in time for our vacation. Two days after we returned my husband  became ill and tested positive. He is returning to work tomorrow and I am holding my breath that perhaps we can continue our special times together!   Em

UPDATE:    I now have covid myself!  It is miserable!