Respected Contributor

I took my 16yr old grandson out for dinner tonight.i had coconut shrimp and he had chicken fettuccine. The special tonight was filet and lobster tail and other was 2 lobster tails.anyone that knows me,know lobster is my favorite and only order it on a special occasion.i would have loved to have ordered this,but 55.00 I decided I shouldn't splurge.i am paying for his new glasses so i thought this granny should be smart about this

Esteemed Contributor

What a good grandmother you are @Luvsmyfam  Enjoy those special moments.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 I really treasure those moments with him.my oldest daughter lives in chicago.he is very hard to connect with,bc he is working all the time.i have not seen for almost 2 yrs and hope he comes home for xmas

Honored Contributor

Re: Dining with my grandson

[ Edited ]

I take our older GS out to dinner after he picks out the clothes he wants at Under Armour!  

The boys are 5 years apart and when the younger one gets to the age I started, it will be his turn.

They both will have their own day and own dinner.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yay!  What a nice thing to do.  I was close to my Grandma.  She's gone now and has been for many years.  But boy what I wouldn't give to have dinner with her-- crackers and tuna from a can would be fine!  LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Thank you.

I loved my grandmother.  I was the child with long blonde hair after she reared two boys.  I was her "play pretty" and she loved it as did I.

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Yay!  What a nice thing to do.  I was close to my Grandma.  She's gone now and has been for many years.  But boy what I wouldn't give to have dinner with her-- crackers and tuna from a can would be fine!  LOL.  

@justashopper  I like that, tuna and crackers are the best, but remember it's not what you are eating that counts, it's the Person you are eating it with.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only saw my grandparents maybe 2-3 times a year.  We lived in PA they lived in Wisconsin.  How I treasured those vacation weeks we went to Grandma’s house.  Such good memories.  She always sent me Betsy McCall paper dollls in the mail.  She would also put chewing gum and dimes for us in the letters she wrote to my mom.  She has been gone almost 20 years.  How I miss them.  

@Luvsmyfam  Nice memories for you and your grandson.  I bet dinner was nice.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 

For sure!!  I picked tuna and crackers because we used to eat that all the time.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 I don't know why I said oldest daughter.i ment oldest grandson lives in chicago.i never get to see him,but have so many fond memories of him