Trusted Contributor

Did you know Facebook keeps a list of all your passwords?

I was going through the privacy settings and lo and behold came up a list of about 50 passwords and ids from most of the websites i have visited. I tried turning off this list, but when I exited, it bounced back to the way it was. This is serious misuse of my information.. Facebook shouldn't have passwords for aarp, clothing sites I visited etc. You can never get to talk to a real person, but I need to know how to permanently turn this off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know Facebook keeps a list of all your passwords?

@geegerbee  Is this on a mobile device?  I ask because I'm trying to figure out how facebook gets a hold of passwords in the first place.  Is it 'app' driven or what?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

You may want to post your findings in "Electronic Forum" many are very knowledgeable and could give you better answer.

I haven't experienced this but if this is true then I'd like to know how to correct it thru my settings.

Trusted Contributor

@geegerbee

That’s scary. It seems like Facebook is always watching. I don’t understand how things I shop for online show up in Facebook ads. The exact things I was looking at & I didn’t even have Facebook open on my iPad. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What did you click on in the privacy settings that lets you see all your passwords? 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it, I have a feeling Facebook is going to be regulated big time soon.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this when you sign in to websites through facebook?  I never do that.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know what you are looking at but I know that Face Book does not have every password for every site that I have ever visited.  That doesn't even make any sense.  FB isn't Big Brother...lol   Not in that respect, anyway.  Perhaps at some time, you used one of those sites that remembers passwords.  

Honored Contributor

Definition of: cookie. cookie. A small text file (up to 4KB) created by a website that is stored in the user's computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.@Tribesters wrote:

@geegerbee

Esteemed Contributor

I mind can not wrap itself around someone with 50 passwords.  Really???  How on earth do you keep track?