Honored Contributor

I haven't, nor will I, but if you did, where at? Was it a long ride?

How about one of those long water chute rides. Saw one on the news today, and another, no way would that be me. LOL

Honored Contributor

I would consider a zipline.

It would have to be very safe and I would have to be in a sort of rig where I am in a seated position.  I don't have any strength in my arms & hands.   

Water chute - NO

The water goes into places it shouldn't.

@qualitygal

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have zip lined 2x on cruises in the Caribbean.

Believe me, I am not a thrill seeker or outdoorsy kinda gal.  I don't like to sweat, I hate bugs, I don't want to break a nail or mess my hair and makeup!  I don't like sneakers or shorts!   LOL

But it was a blast.  Both were a combo of hiking, climbing, obstacle courses and zip lining.  The views were just breath taking!

My family didn't think I could do it.  They didn't understand the diff between not WANTING to things and not being able to.  So I had to prove them wrong.

I smoked 'em!

No on the water chute rides.  Haven't been to an amusement park in years.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course I would do a zipline!!!!!

They look like so much fun!

I have also done waterslides.

Life is too short, and I want to have as much fun as possible while I still can!

Esteemed Contributor

I went zip lining with the Boy Scouts in Gatlinburg (sp)?)TN.  It was a lot of fun, though a bit scary.  I would definitely do it again if I had the chance.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Something is in the air. I use told my grandson yesterday that I wanted to ride on a zipline & then last night a friend posted on Facebook about a zipline in the area.

Then this post.

I think it's a sign.

Honored Contributor

No, but a friend of mine did while on vacation.  While landing hard his foot turned over and he broke both foot and ankle in the process.  He ended up in a hospital far from home.  He said he'll never do it again. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I've heard of several people being seriously injured and a woman on a cruise excursion in Costa Rica was killed while zip lining.  They're the latest summer activity at the ski resorts in the Rockies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Zip lining sounds like fun.

I don't think I would ever try it. I have read to many negative happenings about zipping.

Last year August here in my state, a lady lost her life zip lining. The jacket broke or zip line broke. She was at the highest point when the break happened.

Then the young lady (several years ago--stories have been written about her in several magazines) who went zip lining and got a cut, result of that was flesh eating bacteria set in and she lost her leg(s). to the nasty infection

Respected Contributor

We ziplined in Gatlinberg (Smokey Mountains)

It was very scary and very thrilling. 

The worst part was getting weighed and putting all that gear on.  LOL