Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you ever take lessons of any kind?

[ Edited ]

swimming lessons

Respected Contributor

I took piano, violin, clarinet, and flute lessons as a child and played flute through high school. Then I didn't play again until I retired, bought a flute and a piccolo, and now I've been in our local band for several years. I also took ballet and gymnastics when younger.  Couldn't do a plie now to save my lifel.

Then I took swimming and tennis lessons when younger but really don't play tennis anymore. I think swimming is just something that everyone should know.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Swimming, piano, belly dancing, basic mixology, charm, tenor sax, macrame, and I'm sure I am forgetting some.

Esteemed Contributor

Dancing lessons 

Piano Lessons

Figure skating lessons 

Tennis lessons

Sewing lessons

French lessons

Respected Contributor

My DH and I took ballroom dancing classes for 3 years. The best time of my life!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes Organ and Violin and flute.......Organ I stuck with the longest played for about 5 years, violin one year and flute was maybe 3 years....I did not do the whole dance lessons though....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Piano - 8 years

Tenor Sax - 4 years

Guitar - 1 year

German language, sewing/garment construction and fitting, freeform knitting/crochet (master class), intarsia charting (master class).

Classes related to work ...

Desktop publishing / document design / (and several other computer-related classes)

Time Management

Train-the-Trainer

ETA:  Almost forgot!  Back in 1995 a couple of us took belly dancing at our local adult education program.  Such fun!  I still have my finger cymbals! 

Honored Contributor

As a child, swimming and ballet.  As an adult tole painting which I later taught.

Esteemed Contributor

Egads !! I shutter when I think of it. When dad was in the service we lived in upstairs apartments many a time. I really wanted to learn to play piano. Obviously, that wasn't going to fly. Dad brilliantly decided that my brother and I, both, will take accordian lessons and play duets. Oh. how we hated it when he would make us drag out our accordians every time someone visited and play the crowd. Lady of Spain I adore you. Ugh

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep  

It was "Turkey In The Straw" that ended my accordion career!!