Honored Contributor

Did you ever take lessons of any kind?

[ Edited ]

My cousin took piano, my girlfriends from childhood took accordian. The closest I came was Viola. I had to come back and say, I took swimming lesson! Forgot that one!

Did you take any lessons? Even like horseback riding, any lessons?

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever take lessons of any kind?

I still take piano lessons.

As a child I took dance lessons as well as piano and flute lessons.

Respected Contributor

As a young adult, I took guitar lessons for awhile.  That didn't work out real well because I discovered I had to cut my nails down to the quick in order to play the chords.

In my thirties, I took ballroom dancing for awhile.  That was fun, but I didn't use it much because I didn't have a partner at the time.

I think I just have a short attention span!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Ballroom dancing and loved it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

French, Chinese cooking, and now Tai Chi.  More recently Italian.  When we converted to Mac had to have multiple lessons, much harder to me than I thought.

Ballet around 10 - disaster!  More recently dancing classes with DH he hates to dance - guess how that worked out?

Love to learn new things!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had piano lessons as an adult.    I also took oil painting lessons.  Both were fun and worth the money.

Edit:  Oops, I almost forgot that I also took Tai Quan Do lessons.  My son and I took them together. That was way back in about 1989.  I Loved it!

Respected Contributor

I started piano lessons at age 11 and took them for about 4 years.  Still have all my sheet music. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love to learn!   Started at 5 with piano, and over the years I've had numerous classes in dance, voice, art, calligraphy, yoga, tai chi, weaving, knitting/crocheting, timed journaling (therapy), public speaking (Dale Carnegie), and likely more that don't immediately come to mind.   Had a class in management when I became a supervisor for the first time, and they stressed the importance of learning new things...  particularly things that are a wee bit of a stretch...  to keep the mind sharp and agile.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Ice skating when I was like 10....but I was afraid of falling so I never got great at it. Also swimming lessons....hated water as a child.....
Trusted Contributor

I took piano lessons at about 11 but quit at 12...just wasn't me!!  I wish I had continued now however!

I took swimming lessons also when I was about 10!!  That was a good thing for me!!Woman Wink