Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Have A Funny Childhood Nic Name?

My dad called me pud.... why I do not know? I was also called Anna banana by the kids because the name game song came out during that time and my name was Anna.Woman Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Toulouse Lautrec. Dad named me that because I loved to draw.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm the youngest, so my sister called me Runt, I'm guessing it was from Charlotte's Web .  

I called her Baby. No idea why I called her that other than I think she referred to me as the Baby so I thought that was her name.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

(thread title)

No! Just the opposite. I was fat after age 10 and I was called Roundy(ie), spelling? Not a name I would ever call any kid.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

RedTop.   Dads brother gave me the nickname the first time he saw me, and used that nickname to address me until he died close to 10 years ago.   No one else in the family called me RedTop.   My paternal grandpa said there had never been a redhead in his family line before me.   My maternal great grandpa had red hair.   

Respected Contributor

As a child I was a tiny little thing and my Dad always affectionately called me Peanut.   I remember him calling me that until I was at least 8 years old.   After that I begged him to stop with the Peanut and just call me by my given name.      He did honor my wishes after that.  

To this day whenever I hear the word peanut I still think of my Dad.

Trusted Contributor

When I was very young my mother named me Cachus Birdie.  I don't know where she got that name but that was it.  An aunt of mine reminded me of that several years back and it brought back memories.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, I snuck back to answer you.

I've always loved music, even when we played neighborhood softball, I was singing. Thus the nic name was Jukebox.  Kind of embarrassing but funny now that I think of it. LOL

Honored Contributor

My sister and I were 14 months apart.  She couldn't say my name so called me Lu, then LuLu.  It is what my family and childhood friends have always called me.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't but my sister did.  Her name is Anita and we had  a cousin who had a problem saying it, he ended up calling her Ditta.  Well that name stuck with her until she grew up and got engaged.  As time went by and nieces and nephews  and grandchildren appeared on the scene she inherited the nickname Dee Dee, which they call her to this day.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam