Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Ever "Pay It Forward"???

@dex wrote:

I think paying it forward can be anything that makes a bright spot in someone's day.I had a man pay for my loaf of bread at the bakery.This was a first for me and just brought a smile to my heart.I didn't need the money but I really enjoyed being treated.

@dex it's one of the best feelings ever!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I frequent a Chipotle restaurant where I live often.  Sometimes I buy two bowls with different fixings.  I love Chipotle.....

Well, one evening I went in for my Chipotle fix and began ordering one bowl.  By the time I got to the register, the young lady notice I hadn't purchased two.  Nice young lady.  I told her I usually buy two because I keep one for later.  This night for some reason, I thought better of it and only wanted one.  

She told me to order the second bowl (on the house).  I could have bought two because I could afford it.  That wasn't the point though.  The point was she wanted to do something nice and I let her.  I will never forget her.   Made my night and I was so grateful to her.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Little things mean a lot! Thank You to all of you that do pay it forward. Woman HappyHeart 

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

would never do this and would never accept from someone else

and never brag (humblebrag) on the internet about either.

@jackthebear, you would never take a nice gesture of kindness? 

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

of course, but not someone buying me a coffee, just to do that is completely unnecessary from a stranger. 

Direct one's funds in other ways

and I believe (not those here)  so much of this is a show to be youtube'd etc, those who do a charitable deed don't need to get on social media and brag about it.

Trusted Contributor

Yes we have, it makes you feel good. I won't miss a few bucks here or there. It isn't always money, helping elderly put groceries in car, returning their cart for them. 

We have a friend a state trooper that had a family tragedy, his police family was incredible, so we treat a cop if we can, a coffee or slice of pizza.

I have been treated several times, small things, a milk shake once. A woman gave me 10$ once in grocery line, I thanked her, and gave it to cashier and told her to pass it along to someone in need that day.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

of course, but not someone buying me a coffee, just to do that is completely unnecessary from a stranger. 

Direct one's funds in other ways

and I believe (not those here)  so much of this is a show to be youtube'd etc, those who do a charitable deed don't need to get on social media and brag about it.

@jackthebear, I don't understand the concept of filling one's belly with something as unnecessary whether it's a stranger or not.  Coffee is unnecessary?  What if it were milk, orange juice or something?  Anyway you live your life on how it works best for you.

Do you know any posters here who have youtube chanels?  Inquiring minds want to know.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

(thread title)

Yes. Many times and over many years. Not a "buy a cup of joe", a bit more personally connected, but also used(use) anonymity. That is my preferable way.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)

@hckynut, I think the OP was anonymous because the person behind her didn't know her.  Do you mean like in hiding?  Out of sight?  

When we do things in the light (for the greater good) it empowers others to do likewise.  What a beautiful story to tell.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I am going to Pay it Forward in some fashion today! Could be at Church, could be at lunch, it may be while I am walking on the beach so beware, if you see me today I may just Pay it forward to you! Woman HappyHeart I hope to make someone's day today!Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

My usual act is to put extra time on a parking meter if i see it is running low.  If it benifits the car there great. If they drive off it's a bonus for the next person.  Just a litte thing that helps.

Honored Contributor

I would prefer to donate $28 to the food bank - you may have just paid it forward for a millionaire while a homeless person goes to sleep with nothing to eat today. Or a child goes to bed without a meal.

Really, IMO, this is just the dumbest thing!