Esteemed Contributor

Have any of you ever done Diamond paintings. With my disability it’s hard to find things I can physically do. Especially with bad hands. I am enjoying it so much. I am becoming addicted. I bought one over  Christmas and have some of it done. the one I got is from Diamond art club. They pay their artists and the quality is so good.

Trusted Contributor

It looks like very challenging work to me. Probably quite entertaining. Picking up those tiny beads or "diamonds" and placing them requires good eyesight, focus, and precision.  I admire you for your talent with this type of art. So glad you found something you enjoy so much!  

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

It looks like very challenging work to me. Probably quite entertaining. Picking up those tiny beads or "diamonds" and placing them requires good eyesight, focus, and precision.  I admire you for your talent with this type of art. So glad you found something you enjoy so much!  

I got a beginner kit that has a lot of color blocking since it was my first time doing it. It's not really challenging. Eyesight does get tired after awhile. Irs just basically a paint/color by number with resin pieces. If you can read a symbol and match it to the correct number bead you can do it. I can only sit for so long because my leg goes to sleep sitting on the stool.  Diamond art club canvases are very easy to read symbols.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday My adult GD loves it and I've bought her a number of kits online. Hers look REALLY pretty. Glad you found something that you can do and enjoy. That's a good feeling!

Super Contributor

I did a lot of it last winter and found it very enjoyable.  You really need a light board but they are pretty inexpensive.  I am not a crafty person at all but I was able to do this!  Nice little hobby.  

Honored Contributor

How wonderful you have found something you love to do!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Be sure and see all the ones on You Tube.  Love the way they look when done. Have fun.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday :  It is nice to see you on the boards and also to read that you have found a wonderful hobby.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, just completed my first one yesterday,  Had a kit sitting in the house since Feb 2021..and found it enjoyable and nice to pass the time with.

Just ordered a lightboard yesterday...yes Amazon...with 3 light settings..should be delivered tomorrow to my daughters in NJ heading there tomorrow.  I found there was a glare from the lighting in my kitchen where I do the craft, so hoping the lightboard will help eliminate it.

I am 68 years old and loved it, also picked up crocheting again after 50 years, but needed something else, since there is only so much you can crochet..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diamond Painting

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am making good progress on my first one and can't wait to start another one. Diamond art club has some really cool Christmas ones. I am going to get me and my mom one after I finish. She got one for Christmas and finished it and started a second one.