Honored Contributor

Department Stores In Your Area?

The Mall:

The Belk brothers sold Belk in 2015 and the store sold the nicer brands mostly on line.

Dillards now runs a skeleton crew since we lost Sears, and Belk sold out.  It's hard to find an associate on the clothing level some days.

Pennys is struggling.

Kohls has remained.

We never had a Macys or Nordstrom, I wish we had.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Department Stores In Your Area?

In Arizona we seem to have it all within a reasonable distance. I have Macys, Nordstroms, Kohls. Penney's, Dillards within 2 miles of my house. If I want to drive to Scottsdale I get Newman Marcus, Nordstrom, plus all of the above. No shortage in my area. I live where there is no shortage of anything. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    About the same here.  Albuquerque has 3 malls.  The newest one, which is near me, is all but dead.  Macy's pulled out years ago and is now a Hobby Lobby with a dog park in the adjacent parking lot.  Dillard's and Penney's are still there but I haven't been there in 10 years.  Kohl's is in a nearby freestanding building.

Albuquerque is a shopping wasteland unless you want turquoise jewelry or Navajo rugs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We used to have a Lord and Taylor around the corner but the chain closed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

In New Jersey, we have Macy's, Boscov's, JCPenney's and Kohls.

Macy's hardly has anything new for a long time. JCPenney's is still in the mall, but we all wonder how it's still there. It's always looks so empty.

Boscov's does well. It seems like there are people shopping there at least.

Kohls, sometimes it's just hit or miss with them.

Wish things were better for everyone and every place.

Super Contributor

Our malls are not what they use to be.  I come from the day of a Strawbridge and Clothier in each mall along with at least one other quality department store.   Best of all, Philadelphia, in the good old days, Gimbels, Lits, Strawbridges, Wanamaker and  few others!  Great memories of shopping, eating out and looking at holiday lights and windows.  

Respected Contributor

Our nearest two malls have all but closed.  Very little still there.  Larger malls in the city are off limits for me due to gang related issues.  My favorite one downtown was closed due to gang activity.  That was unbelivable to me that a large mall with upgrade stores could be closed down this way.

I miss the way Malls used to be.  Many types of stores, lots of people, skating rink areas, large bird cages with beautiful birds, restaurants, good food courts.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in a department store in years ... ever since my favorite off-price stores closed.

Filene's Basement and Daffy's

Same with my friends - everyone orders online.

Esteemed Contributor

Malls here only have Dillard's, Belk, Kohls and discount stores or stores catering to much younger people ie college age. 
          🥺😢

Respected Contributor

Back in the day, we had 2 major malls in our area.  One mall had Sears as the anchor, unfortunately this was the Sears that Adam Walsh was abducted from.

The other mall had Jordan Marsh, Burdines, Richards and JCPenney.  It was great.  Nowadays the malls we now have are more of a ghost town, partially thanks to businesses a la Amazon.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread