Honored Contributor

Re: Delimma: Texting, WHERE Did Ya Go???

@Sage04 wrote:

Just say I have to do. What´s so hard in doing that? 

If you are talking to someone on the phone, would you just hang up without saying goodbye?

@Sage04 Apparently, "bye" is difficult!  Go figure.  Where did adults drop common courtesy.  This friend is wonderfully polite.  Biiiiiig surprise to me!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

when i text with my ex husband i go away all of the time without saying im leaving the text now and sometimes dont text for days hehe. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG @I think texting is just short on time conversation.It isn’t meant to have a flow.Your friend most likely doesn’t think she is being rude but most likely plans to pick up the conversation when she is free.I agree that if you want to have a nicer chat that it is best to call someone... more commitment to a conversation in that situation.

Esteemed Contributor

Why not just ask your friend to say "bye" if she has to run off to something else.

Respected Contributor

I never considered texting to be anything but a convenient way to send a quick message...like you've arrived safely, is everything okay, etc.  Expecting a more intimate conversation would entail picking up a phone or sending a letter/e-mail.  I never expect a "sincerely yours" at the end of a message.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

Don't take it personal, I think that is just the way some people text. But I know how you feel, I don't like it either. 

Honored Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

Don't take it personal, I think that is just the way some people text. But I know how you feel, I don't like it either. 

@speedy girl Thanks.  She's so sweet and kind, I couldn't believe it!