Respected Contributor

I was reading a post, just minutes ago. I tried to "heart" a few posts, they all said removed, just as I was hearting. I was cracking up at the answers posted by Fairymoon ? (I believe it was spelled differently).

Now I don't see the thread at all. I thought the mods only locked them, instead of deleting?? 

Respected Contributor

Oh no .. I have seen them completely deleted ....

Honored Contributor

I've been here a long time and have seen tons of them deleted.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on the topic.

Honored Contributor

FYI, we can go back and delete our posts if no one has commented on them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Deleted post?

[ Edited ]

@TX-starlight,  Either they lock a thread and leave some of the posts for reading; or they lock it, remove all posts, and simply state a reason for removal; or the entire thread including the subject line vanishes completely with no remnants.   

Just my preference, but I wish they would always at least leave the thread title and the moderator's comment, even if all it says is "thread removed by QVC."   It's helpful for us to know the topic was there and didn't work out well.   In addition, I would think it might make the Q Social Team's job easier, since we could see the topic and, perhaps, not be as likely to restart subject matter that previously was closed.   

One of those mysteries of the forums...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@TX-starlight,  Either they lock a thread and leave some of the posts for reading; or they lock it, remove all posts, and simply state a reason for removal; or the entire thread including the subject line vanishes completely with no remnants.   

Just my preference, but I wish they would always at least leave the thread title and the moderator's comment, even if all it says is "thread removed by QVC."   It's helpful for us to know the topic was there and didn't work out well.   In addition, I would think it might make the Q Social Team's job easier, since we could see the topic and, perhaps, not be as likely to restart subject matter that previously was closed.   

One of those mysteries of the forums...

@dooBdooHeh.  You must be new here.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdooHeh.  You must be new here.  LOL

@Cakers3!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova