Trusted Contributor

Re: December 2021 Holiday Season at the Back Fence

I posted on the birds nest. For some reason I couldn't find the fence. Probably human error.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

back to the grind stone 

did normal chores,

did morn walk

waiting for clothes to finish in dryer

it is threantening rain/snow now,sky is clouded over and dark,no wind.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

we are NOT going to do anything this year for new years. we have not done anything for years. high light of the evening is taking our showers and getting on our warm jammies and watching t.v..

i was thinking of what we did when we were younger. use to baby sit on new year's eve night for hours and hours or sometimes all night and all we got paid was 50 cents an hour what we did for money LOL i hated baby sitting with a passion. my mom use to accept all my sit dates she would not even check with me if i wanted to do it.

not much else now, watching my dvr'ed movie now. just finished up christmas carol the 1938 version.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

Hello Everyone. I hope You all had a very nice Christmas and now we can all take a breather. Our Christmas was nice and pretty relaxed. Opened gifts at our DD's Christmas morning and were done by noon. ( We take our time) lol

Yesterday was a super lazy day. I was so tired and so was Mr.L we were in our jammies all day. It snowed last night and our wonderful neighbor blew out our stoup and our driveway. God Bless him. Tomorrow more snow is expected. I am not going any where. Did laundry today so that's done for now. I took my DD and GS through Rotary lights this early evening. He wanted to walk through, but it was pretty cold. We wanted to take the carriage ride, but I guess we were too early.

Well, this is what we all can do now Santa Hot Tub Stock Illustrations – 32 Santa Hot Tub Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

have a 1pm appoint today can't stay around here much longer

did chores

did walk

NO sun,it is damp cold,wet day later guys

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I awoke to snow (mostly) on the grass and sidewalks yesterday morning.  It was kind of sleety and heavy when I shoveled it - I didn't want the mail carrier slipping when he/she walked across my driveway.  Does anyone remember when mail carriers use to push their mail around in a cart?

Vintage Photos of Postal Workers

I do Woman Happy

I also remember when mail carriers used the sidewalks to get to your mailbox.  I'm sure that route size has increased over the years however I don't think I will ever get used to the mail carrier walking across the front yards from mail box to mail box.  Just a thought that popped into my head.

The slushy show melted for those who didn't shovel yesterday and I got excited when I saw some of the rising sun this morning.  It clouded up early on - we're expecting snow again tonight.  Hope it's just snow and not a wintry mix.

In December 2020 we got over 9.5 inches of snow in MI.  Average for December is just under 9 inches.  So far we're at 1.4 inches.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I better add a disclaimer to the totals because I know there are other Michigan folks in this forum.  They take official totals at metro airport so the numbers I just wrote about are the 'official totals'.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

spent most of afternoon on phone with car insurance agency

someone backed into our car causing a buckled hood and broken passenger car light, broken front grill. when this happened we have no idea,looks like the bumper was also compromised 1st date we can bring to collision place is 1 feb.. already have a rental car for the 1st of feb.. we have to pay $100 car insurance pays the rest.

doc check today, lost 3 pounds but blood pressure was garbage,but i take it 4 times a day both arms,. they are good readings every now-then have spikes. he said i probably have white coat syndrome

ok guys tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Oh no @viva923   I'm sorry that somebody backed into your car and damaged it like that.  If you went to the doctor after you saw the damage on your car that would explain why your BP was elevated.  You walk frequently and are in a constant state of motion all day to keep the BP down.  Your family had covid, I don't know how your SIL is doing however it wasn't good the last time we talked about it and folks in your neighborhood are acting like they have no sense.  My BP runs low normally and mine would be elevated if I had it going on like you have lately.

Honored Contributor

hello all

Birdmama did not notice the car damage till i got home,it was buckled hood that caught my attention.something just didn't look right on closer inspection that is when i saw the damage.

not much else today

did chores,did walk,2nd load in dryer,it isn't to cold out but mighty damp. ok guys later.