Contributor

Re: December 2019 Bird's Nest - Christmas Bells are Ringin'

I love reading the posts and seeing the pictures.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Did everyone see Conrad? He is as handsome as ever. - Possum I just love looking to see if he is here - and he is quite often. I loved all my critters but he was so very special.

Luvs I remember you posting on those threads and yes, the people were so very nice. Even nicer when you met them in person. I do remember you had a name change - a lot of that done back in that era but  I cannot remember any reasons other than problems of some sort. I met most of them in NC  - and they did not all live there but we often gathered at Jody's beautiful mini horse ranch Just beautiful! They came from all over. Also met a few out here in Sou Cal and also went to Arizona and I believe there were four others that went there to visit a poster at the same time - I also took my great granddaughter with me on all those trips - she loved them. and she was a young one.

Will ask do you remember Chatty Cathy? She just disappeared and I do not recall what happened to her but believe something happened in her personal life - perhaps her husband passed away or something - just cannot remember - she always had something going on. LOL But I liked her.very much. 

Hope everyone is nearing their Christmas preparations completion. Always takes a bit doesn't it?

Tomorrow morning must go out and shiver while checking the Feeders - keep forgetting to refill the HUmmingbird feeders. I will definitely do that tomorrow. Brrr.

Sleep well everyone.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Happy Thursday, Morning

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred 
Wow, you do have a great memory.  I do remember Chatty Cathy and always wondered why she stopped posting.  After the major changes to the forum a lot of the original posters stopped posting.   I too liked her!
I never got to met Jody but besides the forum we emailed back and forth.  What a sweet lady!  I had seen photos of her mini horse farm and loved it.  Especially loved the mini horses! 
I did get to meet several times Nancy.  Another sweet lady!  I talked often to Nancy on the phone several times.  Nancy and I also posted on a thread for NH folks and we would all meet often for lunch.  Most all of those posters are gone also.  I had several photos of us all on my old computer that crashed and I do not think I saved any of them before the computer crashed. 
We sure did have a lot of fun back then.  I do remember a lot of the girls meeting in Arizona.  I so wanted to go but at that time we had started our company and both my husband and I were working out in the field seven days a week.  How nice that you met some in Southern Ca. and Arizona.  I do remember photos being posted and remember seeing your granddaughter.  How nice that she was able to go with you.  The ladies must have loved her.
Also belonged to a thread that all were from NJ and I still email back and forth with two of them.  A lot of posters also now belong to Facebook.  When a lot of them switched I couldn't because I could not find the time.  The company kept and still does the two of us very busy.  I still do not do Facebook and this thread is the only one I post on usually.    We are starting to wind down the company so perhaps some day I will be able to join.  Also could did much traveling so am hoping to do that too. 
Love the pics of Conrad!  Our former neighbor had one named Jack years back and he often would come over to visit us.  Such a nice dog. 
You are so lucky to still have hummingbirds.  Ours come around the end of April and usually are gone by the second week of Sept.  I love watching them.  Enjoy your hummers!
Our neighbor that also moved here when we moved here almost 2 years ago - gosh time sure does fly......  well she has a winter place in Cary, NC.  I think I mentioned her to you before.  She shows us photos of Cary and it sure does look good.  She loves it there.
I hope that you are feeling better and are taking care of yourself!  I am all set for Christmas except for a little more wrapping.  Missing that extra week after Thanksgiving sure does make a difference.
Take care Winifred.
@Winifred wrote:

Did everyone see Conrad? He is as handsome as ever. - Possum I just love looking to see if he is here - and he is quite often. I loved all my critters but he was so very special.

Luvs I remember you posting on those threads and yes, the people were so very nice. Even nicer when you met them in person. I do remember you had a name change - a lot of that done back in that era but  I cannot remember any reasons other than problems of some sort. I met most of them in NC  - and they did not all live there but we often gathered at Jody's beautiful mini horse ranch Just beautiful! They came from all over. Also met a few out here in Sou Cal and also went to Arizona and I believe there were four others that went there to visit a poster at the same time - I also took my great granddaughter with me on all those trips - she loved them. and she was a young one.

Will ask do you remember Chatty Cathy? She just disappeared and I do not recall what happened to her but believe something happened in her personal life - perhaps her husband passed away or something - just cannot remember - she always had something going on. LOL But I liked her.very much. 

Hope everyone is nearing their Christmas preparations completion. Always takes a bit doesn't it?

Tomorrow morning must go out and shiver while checking the Feeders - keep forgetting to refill the HUmmingbird feeders. I will definitely do that tomorrow. Brrr.

Sleep well everyone.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@possummink 

I do not know where you get all of your pictures, but they are just so beautiful, fun, sweet, cute, funny and wonderful!  I love them so much and they really make my season!  Thank you so much for doing this!  

@AngelPuppy1 

AngelPuppy1,  Thank you!!  I am glad you enjoy the pictures and gifs,  I enjoy finding and posting them.   I find them in many many place on the Internet.   Pinterest, FaceBook, blogs,  Google etc.  I usually pin them and put them on my boards on Pinterest.  I also started many Drafts pages on my email years ago and have hundreds of pictures stored there.   Can't keep track of what I have posted and not posted many times.  

Have a blessed Christmas season!! Heart

@possummink 

They are certainly lovely and much appreciated!  I know it must be somewhat time-consuming, but they sure give me a lift and I am sure mamy others as well.  Thank you for your wishes and I am sending the same to you!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Just a word of caution to anyone who might be considering picking up the Monet dove pin that I posted about here.

Monet ain't what it used to be, especially the pin part on the back of the dove.

I put the pin on the middle 'pocket' on the front of this Lug bag.

Image result for lug adagio tropical

The dove pin made it's first trip out yesterday when I went grocery shopping.  I'm not hard on my bags so imagine my surprise when I looked down at my bag and saw the dove partially hanging off the bag. 

This is not a lose fabric bag however the area where I had the pin must have bent a little and that bent the pin, which made the pin slide out of the latch.

I carefully straightened the pin on the back of the dove which was really easy because the pin is cheaply made.  I put the dove inside the bag so I wouldn't lose it.  I'm not even trying it on a winter coat.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise