Honored Contributor

Re: December 2018 Back Fence is right here!

Here we are, it's Christmas Eve once again at the Back Fence.

Short of running the vacuum across a couple of scatter rugs and the carpet in the family room, my cleaning is done.  Dinner is a 6pm this evening at the niece in the woods house.  I'm doing the driving and I will let my sister know, once she gets here that I don't need a co-pilot this year Woman Wink I'm not kidding Woman Mad    Woman LOL

We split the cost of the honey baked ham.  My mother never went anywhere empty handed and neither do we.  I think my sister said something about buying some cream pies for dessert when I talked to her yesterday.  I don't eat ham and I sure don't eat cream pies so I kind of let what she was saying go in one ear and out the other, lol.  I'm the kind of person that says, ya, ya, just tell me how much I owe you.

It will be good to see the great nieces.  It's been awhile.

To all the folks who visit the Back Fence, I appreciate you stopping by and engaging in some conversation.

I wish each of you a Merry Christmas.

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama A very Merry Christmas to you and yours, as well.

And Merry Christmas to all at the Back Fence!  🎄🕊

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas to all here at the back fence.Thanks for all the goodies and your warm welcome.

Respected Contributor

Was really busy since Sunday - have a few things to do today but nothing that should wipe me out. Will say however, that is getting easier and easier to occur. LOL.

Fixed ham and the trimmings yesterday but only a handful here - that was different. Birds were abundant later in the day - very cold and rained really hard earlier in the day. Then the sun came out but never got warmer. This morning it is even colder - guess that CAN happen this time of the year.

Thanks for all the munchies - I am sorry I did not stop by and drop off some food - I know the rules but was a bit too busy. Will make it up however. Maybe later will leave some of those yummy raisin and cinnamon bagels I get from Aldi's. They are so very good. Ran out of cream cheese yesterday so have to go to the store today - can you imagine - and get some before I leave them out for everyone but never fear, shortly they will be here for  everyone. And of course some good hot coffee and hot tea.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I think I will venture out to the store today as I'm low on a few grocery items.  While I'm at the Meijers I think I'll check out the Christmas clearance items to see if I can find any discounted pretty tissue paper and maybe a package of glass bulb ornaments.  If I find something good.  If I don't find something, that's okay too Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

hope you all had a merry Christmas. We had only 6 here for dinner and it was very nice,stress free. Tomorrow my daughter,son in law,son,daughter in law and grandsons are all coming for lunch. The best part is there going out to buy food,so no cooking for me.

the weather here is a little rainy,buy about 61deg. So I can’t complain.

wishing all at the back fence a happy and healthy new year.🎉🥳🥂

Honored Contributor

Christmas Eve was a little chaotic with extended family.  Christmas Day was quieter and more relaxing.  I have so many leftovers that I can't eat this food.  Most of it is from my sister cooking and bringing it over.  She's known me my whole life and still does it.  It's not my nature to eat all of this and I feel bad when I have to throw food out.  Sigh.  

@Epicurean  I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.  

It was 55 degrees here today - too weird for me.

Respected Contributor

Christmas was really nice. Still somewhat tired. Happens with age.Have a wonderful week-end and Happy New Year to all!

Honored Contributor

Hello, hello, hello.  I feel like I am trying to come down with a sore throat. 

In an effort to get more fresh fruit into my body, I've been trying to include some kind of fruit every time I go grocery shopping.  The seedless grapes were good and I enjoyed them.  This week I bought 5 large navel oranges for $5. 

The goal was to eat one fresh orange a day.  As crazy as this sounds, my throat started hurting on the second day, with the second orange Woman Frustrated  I am not wasting those oranges so I just tried to squeeze one for juice.  I made a little mess - my hand smells good though, lol. 

I managed to get some juice out of it.  I need some kind of kitchen tool to help me, I think. 

I shopped JCP this morning and scored a set (4 panel) of my favorite room darkening window drapes and a set (4 panels) of my favorite sheers for $82. 

Respected Contributor

As frigid as it was yesterday early morning I managed to get ALL the feeders re-filled. Had a group of very happy feathered friends. They were funny at the crack of dawn. Sitting in the rose bush outside my bedroom window and glaring in at me - I sure got their message but when I had finished my hands were hurting really bad from the cold. Dumb me I could have worn gloves. With hands a lot older and more arthritic, they suffer more. Scarey feeling thinking about "what it" or "when" they will not be useful any more. Hmn.

Have a great day everyone. As early as it is, I have already had my cup of coffee but think I will make another one this morning.