Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dear CareBears, ~~~Thinking of you as a fine Mother~~

Dear @CareBears, I wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am so sorry you have this infection to deal with now.  All my hopes for a speedy recovery.  I am so glad you have a loving DH, kitties, and books to keep you company and your spirits up.  I am sure you are trying to keep your reading light and uplifting.  I have a DF who loves reading mystery books, and she says they help her drift off to a peaceful slumber.

I am sorry also for the lack of interest shown by some people in your life.  No one can give you an answer, but you are so right not to dwell on that hurt.  You are wise and strong to rise above it.  I admire you so much for this.  You are the better person.  Please know that.

Please write back when you can.  I just know that so many here care so much about you, including dear @NAES, who has so much experience and wisdom to share.

All my best wishes and hugs,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Dear @CareBears, I wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am so sorry you have this infection to deal with now.  All my hopes for a speedy recovery.  I am so glad you have a loving DH, kitties, and books to keep you company and your spirits up.  I am sure you are trying to keep your reading light and uplifting.  I have a DF who loves reading mystery books, and she says they help her drift off to a peaceful slumber.

I am sorry also for the lack of interest shown by some people in your life.  No one can give you an answer, but you are so right not to dwell on that hurt.  You are wise and strong to rise above it.  I admire you so much for this.  You are the better person.  Please know that.

Please write back when you can.  I just know that so many here care so much about you, including dear @NAES, who has so much experience and wisdom to share.

All my best wishes and hugs,

Pam

@PamfromCT  Woman Happy Heart

Distinctly written, and _'CLEARLY ELEVATED_  you announced thoughts being forth as quality ~~ stated:  exact direct personal words explicit, with a warm heart. 

I am so Smiley Happy

knowing that @CareBears  never gives up finding a solid resolution to many- any questionable health dilemma, or from misguided, those of the every day, so thought expert. 

Almighty is with you all of the way. 

I have not seen CareBears as {her} failing:

Pam has a chief rating, here, in sharp shooting advice and constantly reaching higher. That of what you may not see or even consider!

Her non blundering range is more broad brushed with well sincere sense and thought for out posting ...than from any 50+ people

---- ( boundless) and with an educated researched observation, that 'I' see as

[ personal ] -a well assessed opinion) here, or from my acquaintances to friends.

Pam has always shown to having special skills by listening to by interacting. What a gift. 

PAM, Heart

I am doing more outside medical research, catching delights from delays with my art, also, more importantly, I caught myself spending too much time on the 'one', whatsoever and not enough time with my Bible reading with my husband, our devotionals every single morning.

.................In short:

'' I exited the Playground with the contemptible childlike''-  "matter". 

My husband, my brother, our son had asked me so many times. Why? 

In the beginning

((and still will be HERE))+ Comm. Movies and what I want, but as no waste of time. SUBSTANCE, only.

POSTS; It's was always in health, or mostly with sound constructive conversation. This former was a brief rare on & off every 3- 5 days. 

[T] hat uninteresting, sprinkled over & over by many, my reasoning not being on quite often.

So close to having a cylindrical hold of marginal hold. OUT OF MY element.

!!!    The best I can contribute to.  !!!

I closed that fantasizing door, since it swings both ways.

Not for me, but appreciated so much from one.

Some, If few, the quality of,  I had accolades.

Indeed, yes. 

Always my appreciation for such a blessed friends.     Rare, but a few.  

'will tell you both of something so remarkable -explaining more later' I know both would understand' 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Dear @NAES1, Thank you for your kind and ever thoughtful words.  I appreciate it, truly.  You are so right that it is easy to get distracted from the things that count in life.  It can happen, and then events can happen to pull us back on a straight path.  I am not a member of any study group, per se, but I do some devotional reading and spend some time “in the quiet.”  I do have to spend my time more wisely, that I know,  

Distractions are all around us.

I do hope the sweet lady who was widowed, the one you helped out, is doing ok.  I can’t begin to imagine the shock.  As bad as a lengthy illness of a loved one is, at least there is some time for at least some preparation.  I feel so sorry for some poor people who have no people to help them through such terrible times.  You surely have made such a difference to her.

My GS (age 11) went away for camp for 2 weeks and is now back.  He had a great time, and it was his first real time away from family.  Fortunately, a few of his friends from school were there, and I think it helped him adjust.  His mom (my DIL) asked family to send him cards.  Gee, playing games, swimming, arts and crafts, etc. sounds like so much fun.  He is a good boy.  And his little sis is a good girl.  

I look forward to hearing from you, whenever you can find a break.  Sounds to me like you keep so very busy, with so many interests.  Give Sashay a hug from me!  With highest regards, I remain,

Your friend across the miles,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Awe, so sweet and trusting at that age, Pam.

I know he had an adventure at age 11 and had grown so much by age 12 that he probably HAD found more exciting things to do.

I remember our son going on those 15 days of  Boy Scout trips with three friends from school and a younger boy ( across the street) with his dad, and our son's father as head chief masters...how funny is that, especially with the cooking .After four (4) days my husband came back and felt okay leaving him and came back days alter to bring in what I called the scent of the wild.

My son was exactly 11 and there was a walk to earn merits having to walk ( miles out, 9 ) NINE miles back, then rest / cook/ hunt for fossil, catch certain insects to be brought back. Food was packaged+ water and a cooler.

(not killed) and show to the class at school, then released back to nature.

THE WALK: OH, the adventure, hahaaaaaa, my husband at that early age and being very fit ....just about flopped out.... 

When I heard the Scouts had to sleep outside, we bought one of those $200.00 camping tents. Some older Boy Scouts = ``Eagle Scouts trained`` slept outside.

He had the time of his life, nothing as your grandson being away for a longer time as in camp for I did not catch how long? I was never on a camping trip in my life, nor do want to be. 

BUT! All of the difference was it trains to be AWAY from home, and actually very little pals with good ol' dad.

Who wants to hang around with a grown adult with swimming, hiking and getting into all kinds of mischievous 'stuff'... That prepared our son not to be afraid having anxiety from being separated. A great learning adventure, but- BUT! - I don't know if WE would let him go in today's world from what i have read more times than I care to hear. But isn't having children, GRANDS a wonderful blessing to embrace.

I can 'not' imagine life without children. Even though pets are loving and bring much ( I think for some and not much for others) lots of fun and a real PAL as company.

____ Pets are not your little children.  Right now, Sashay is just about as much as I need to handle as a little one, but my husband on the other side, is the one we take care of constantly. REALLY always into doing everything around the home or cars.  "really",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Man Wink Woman Surprised

Our pantry has a storage of band aides, antiseptics, all bug and bacteria soaps. I told my husband 'I can't let you out or take you any place'. 

Anyway, back to children and growing up so quickly, our son had the fantastic opportunity to go to Australia for the entire summer at age 14 as a work project with the CEO's personal care unit .....and he learned to never be fearful and mainly how to handle money and think on his OWN. What a terrific time, then the next year, we both left for Australia while dad lived there as director of international with a huge company that you would know, but for me it was meeting people in the news, and later traveling for years over and throughout the world. I loved the opportunity.

More to come while I still have quota space here---- tying as fast as possible.

WILL GET back on my friend whose husbnd died suddenly.

No, have not hears a word. A new type of burial, nothing of visitation, coffin or people- very simple. i will learn more. That was what he wanted. I have heard of this for over 5 years. they are fine Christain people. 

Back with you tomorrow with adventure #2 followed by ABC and XYZ 1,000. I have had a colorful- exciting life. Pam, I ham been blessed so much and as a girl to woman have had more days in THE sUn far more than ever permitted. Those are the stories i will tell. I suppose 9for sure) many will lurk on and read too. HAAAAAAAAA, yes!

NAES  

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT ~ I have been busy the entire d a y!!

I was with the both of them not more than 24 months ago

when that announcement was verbally told to me there at home.  There was not to be any funeral, no visitation, and a burial somewhat like a Jewish function.

Both were very secure in what was to be carried out by/ an attorney/ will of some clause/ and not to have the two grown sons/ w/ families

...  ( both as officers from the Citadel )to have any responsibility being on and off in other countries -their daughter died from leukemia when she was 22. She just graduated from the university.

The two sons two years apart.I know very little of the sons and their life and where they live.

I had heard of this green burial only one time ( four years ago)-  before they were telling me of the unknown type of living will with  to burial plans. 

Both, very fine people from a good Christian church; everything was told in advance 'for' their congregation, via the clergy. 

------- The only two strangers would be the two men that physically laid him (as I was told) into the ground covered with a shroud and something of a special cloth that is placed by her, over his face to mid neck.

Death: That was three weeks ago. I have not heard anything more, ---  other than she had another surgery two weeks ago that was to correct even more  from the spring surgery that had a lot to do with something very rare relating to the bile ducts that cross through the liver leading to the gallbladder and prevent the pancreas from toxins.

She and her husband both were very ~ VERY healthy and their blood work was better than good.

~~~~~~~~~I saw her one day before and by the next day she was in ER trauma unit almost losing her life.That quick- that serious.  The surgery was 7 hours long with four surgeons and all surgical nurses.

No one has emailed to any news and I feel that I will be told when the family has anything positive to explain.

That would be Ava's way.

I do believe that her husband who had called the ambulance, stayed right with her for that long 8 days, and did all of the soft food meals (at home)....

and [whatsoever] alone taking quality care of her. 

They were inseparable = married 29 years,...also with the stress of her slow recovery may have caused his death?

They had just built a small cabin home on top of a high mountain top last year, had a garden and everything was organic. They had just sold their larger home before moving in. Sold or gave away everything that was not needed and had a very wonderful cozy home that was in the works for about 5 years, if that. THAT I HEARD. 

Age has no time table for death, nor does death have any holidays.

Two exceptional healthy people and bam. one is gone suddenly, and the wife still having the gastrointestinal

___ out of the blue__  without any warning. 

As soon as I hear differently, I will let you know. If any of the family was ever there ( and I'm sure some might have been), they have gone back to their lives after her surgery.

I really have no way to know, nor have any one else to be asking..

She told most of her friends she would handle 'this' as she wants. Pretty much DIY people and have a great deal of wherewithal to hire for any need or helping hands. I am emailing tomorrow one of the closer friends and just...ask!

I am pretty much the same way doing as much as expected. She was in her hey days a senior 1st officer for a large company after graduating. And i had mentioned, he was a doctor. 

Hello @CareBears , how are you doing today? Also anything from the doctor for "D"? And how is the viral infection leaving you sooner than ever though? I am still reading UNFREEDOM, but will purchase the two mentioned from your last month's read and one I have wanted to read from March. Come in any old time. I enjoy your news of your baby adult cats.

You are so generous with love for all of your little visitors.    ............Cat Happy That is one precious piece of love that you give so freely. I had followed that for over two years, now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

@CareBears 

I've been doing several (possibly 5) documents to present for a well known committee. 

Will leave it at that. Woman Happy

I have tickets to attend later, but not unless I might have a lady I have known for years to check in and be here two times a day for Sashay, if that's possible. 'thinking??'

Sashay:

She is fine for mornings to 2pm.

I would need her for for two litter box changes and a good 10 minutes of brushing in the evening and around 8pm.

Everything else has been taken care of.

Food with instructions and always fresh cold water.

Sashay: she's not being neglected; we will be gone not more than forty hours. She is very comfortable with people she knows, very few, but someone that has no cat or dog scents on the, or smoke or smoking. 

? However, whatever - if it's meant to come to fruition, then it will. IF, so, this will not come to until late August. Would fly out. 

Last night was 49, and will be 50 tonight. The weather, now is just above seventy with a low 40% humidity.  Very nice. 

No rain expected for tomorrow so my sweetheart has this [VERY] new wax/ protectant for all of the all cars, and something to keep the film of dirt off of the hubs- dirt not adhering. Man Happy

This is one of his perfect therapeutic exercises... and he loves his antique selection of older cars.  He's from a car family franchise

I have mentioned this many times before; he grew up appreciating what can I say-- service to an old metal friends...?  I certainlt `Appreciate` a sparkling clean car. 

Awe,

just saw a baby (wee) Cardinal.

The nest is totally deep into our thick ivy for oodles of protection.

What a TREAT!

A baby; new to me.Woman Surprised

Hoping for a good { old } black & white movie tomorrow night, but have three more large boxes for all household items to blankets and clothing to sort through.

Takes a lot of time!

I have a large roast in the oven so no cooking until Sunday. Late dinner tonight.

WoW, I love when there is zero anything for menu planning     ```...surprise - surprise! Smiley Happy...big smile of glee. 

We live close to one hospital, and I hear maybe two times a day, the trauma helicopters, flying over to the large trauma medical center downtown...always know it is something very serious.

Always have a tug at my heart because something is very sudden, or has happened that is close to a life threatening issue. 

I have toured the medical center a couple of years ago and learned that people from many states are being brought in from early mornings to the middle of any one night.

A lot of the most horrible car accidents and many unbelievable motorcycle crashes. 

Will close off for now and finish up my essay that is half way in the works. 

"....have great weekend".....

my weekend will be ....and I hope, haa, that this king size bed comforter fits into the machine ... 'thought about dry cleaning but I want no chemicals and the material to come out starchy'.

Have either one of you attempted this---at Home? 

Will let you know if the 'thing' comes apart. ------------Big machine- should have plenty 

of room. Something not on my exciting to do list, though. Now thinking, may need the alternative one for tonight if in the 40s tonight. 

Temp, now- 73, but our home is so insulated the heat from the sun feels so warm inside.

That a/c will be going for another 6 weeks. Will not open windows due to pollen and mowed grass floating around. 

ps: my husband just informed me of the 65 year old former colleague that had surgery.

@ the V. That's a no for me to give a yes.

Also now on dialysis, also. 

.........and the worse of the worse has happened. He had just retired.This was mentioned two weeks ago.

Do I trust? Darn, no! 

I mentioned THIS.... (almost).... very same thing a month ago to another to be ON alert of who -WHAT group of.... does this, and someone and others turned deaf ear. Yet, a poor turn out. Sorry for that. Other issues pending I suppose?

Thank G, I tried. I know exactly what has happened.    Are people, in general, just dumb and dumber, or totally ignorant?

That will go, also, into my essay and documents. 

Heart~ NAES. Time for dinner. 

Pam, CareBears -do you know of W. machines and down blankets DIY washing?

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @NAES1, You have certainly had a very exciting life, filled with many adventures.  And that includes your DH and son, as well.  It must be quite an experience to actually live in a faraway country.  So many things different; so many things the same.

Interesting how the man who passed had chosen different and new type of burial.  I have no experience with this.  I guess it’s just me, but I find it difficult to imagine leaving this world without some sort of religious ceremony for my family.  A source of comfort for all.

My DH also likes cars.  Still has his first car he bought when he finished school.  He had a clunker until he got his first job.  He belongs to a local car club, where folks who love their old cars band together.  They have activities and sponsor a large car show each year to raise money for charity.

I’m impressed that you have such a kind and reliable person to look after sweet Sashay while you are away.  I am sure it brings you much peace while you are away.

Sounds like your hospital near you must be quite a large and well equipped center.  Aren’t we so fortunate to have access to such good medical care?  It would concern me so much, like you, to realize some poor soul was being rushed there to hopefully be saved.  

We’ve been hanging around this summer.  The weather has been so hot I hate leaving the house.  We are having our driveway paved, but a new large dry well had to be dug in front of the garage first.  We have also contracted a painter to help us pretty up the inside of the house.  He’ll be starting with the porch/sunroom.  We are going to do this one room at a time, and this painter is fine with that.  Meanwhile, DD and SIL have bought another home, in the same town.  It’s very nice, quite large for two people,  So their first home is on the market.  It’s a pretty house, and I hope it sells soon.

I wish I knew what to tell you about cleaning your comforter,  I wonder if a good laundry would have a large enough washer and dryer to accommodate it.  Take care, my dear friend, and I look forward to hearing about all your interesting life !

Your admiring friend,

Pam

P.S. My GS had a wonderful time at camp.  I wish they had such a camp for oldsters.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

see Comm.- V. Harper/ ? about hospice/ to death.

I hope that many can understand. But, if not, they will, at sometime, make a decision. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears :

Thank you for your reply, elsewhere. 

How is the health condition, today?  Without a lot of infor. -did your husband find a [said specialist]?

And, for you, are you doing better than these past months?  Books: I will post there with your intriguing readers. I, now, have two more. 

Would (as a hope wish) like to give yo so much, instead there is another pick up for the paralyzed war victims for coats and household good/ FOOD as the colder months arrive.

I have those in large boxes and many bags.

They, too, need blankets and sheets for cots. Does not specify any certain size...they will just fold under whatever they have as of now. 

Also, to @PamfromCT    

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@BornToShop 

A huge Heart to all..... and to @house_cat . 

I have been on BEAUTY most of 1/2 of the day  on & off  explaining chemicals to toxins found in many products.

~~~~~~ 

Actually before ever being here- period,, that was my number one forum asked of me,due to 'of so many reviews' from time to time. Chemistry does help to decode certain compounds to combinations. 

I never knew this board existed. Woman Surprised

@CareBears 

Saturday. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am still fighting this virus,but I think i am on the tail end of it,crossing my fingers!  Duane found a doctor locally and his skin is all cleared up, such a relief for him.  I just read and read when I am not in therapy,one soon,I hope to be back to my old self,walking,  cooking and baking,in the meantime I do what I can!  @NAES1  thanks for alwaya thinking of us, have to keep this short as my hand is hurting me today.