Honored Contributor

Re: Dear CareBears, ~~~Thinking of you as a fine Mother~~

@CareBears 

CareBears,  I am so sorry to read about your stroke, but am happy you are now home and recovering.   I have been wondering about you, and just happened to see this thread as I was looking for another thread.  I hope I am not intruding, but wanted you to know that you've been in my prayers all along.  

You are a strong lady and can come back from this as your progress is showing.  If it's ok with you, I'll mention on Puddle's thread that you've been quite ill as I know many on that thread care a great deal about you and may be wondering where you have been.  

Keep up the good progress and hard work you've been doing.  I am happy to have 'found' you again!!  Hugs and Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink 

I suppose that you may know I haven't been here since, I believe (what?) 5-6 days ago after our son was finally out of Santa Barbara, the stuck twice, again in Texas -[planes were grounded], 'very' long story here (on Community). My husband was home and we had so much to tend to, along with waiting for a new freezer and packing up scores of clothing for really two separate charity drives. Later, N. 

I waited until from Saturday -Tuesday...I believe to hear, while husband received a text= okay. I sent a THANK you to everyone in California and still many are trying to reach me. Seems another quake in or around an area i'm not familiar with...we sw 0 in the news of that.  Sending this now in the even you may be around.

Excuse any typos.

I wanted so much to get back w/ Pam, but 1st want to address a 3rd party on my personal chat asking a question with "huh?... which was very tasteless. 

Just minutes ago, I opened the screen page on and saw my name from many forum & threads right at the beginning before. How coincidentally was that?

``I was __to__ be posting a reply back to @PamfromCT``

------  and did not get far,until I saw my OLD post of May 11th when I sent a message to @Carebear3  (is that her new w/ the 3 at the end?

Anyway, I DID see your name at the end as last to post so opened up. My sadness was to hear that CareBears had a stroke. She's so young!

I knew she was headed that way for 3 months with all that she had been through, thus the post of May 11th.

I'll be with you if you read this, and back tomorrow answering yet, again, so many more I see not opened yet, just your name on that 1 thread i started.

~~~~~ Heart I knew CB was becoming quite ill from posting her and she back to me.

Not one person had asked or posted her to have any response, she said. And that I knew. 

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears  Thank you so much for letting me know that you are okay. I am so glad that you are home and making progress. I know you will overcome this as I always sensed that you are a strong woman. I will be praying and sending positive thoughts for a complete recovery. I know physical therapy is hard work, but I know with your determination that you will succeed. I smiled when I read that you were a social butterfly at the rehab center. It is wonderful to have others to cheer you on. We at the book club miss you and look forward to your return. 

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@house_cat  hello,sorry I have been missing in action!  I suffered a stroke in the beginning of May and have been in a in care facility, working om physical therapy.  I lost full use of my right arm and leg, and working very hard to regain my strengh,I still can only type with one finger, but my doctors are very impressed with my progress,guess that old stubborn streak is finally paying off.  I have only been home a little over a week, but still attend therapy 3 days a week and will continue for 3-4 more weeks.  I jusr finished my  first book since being at home. "Blue" by Danielle Steele which I enjoyed very much.  I have misses so many of you like crazy, my friends.  No,my daughter never reached out to me to find out any details or to find out if I was OK?  My sisters reached out the first week, and not a word since,yes it hurts, but I have to make my health a priority and live for my future, and not let their behavior stop me from my progress!  I have missed you all and cannot wait to hear from you all!  God Bless everyone!

@CareBears ,

I never gave it a thought that your daughter was there- no surprise for her.

!!!!!!    >  I just  saw this 60 minutes ago by mere luck or coincidence, and THANKFUL for even _*THAT*. By luck when I came on to post back to Pam a few minutes ago, too,  -also-saw {{ Possummink's name }} as the last one on my OLD May 11th post to you.

She must have seen that from @house_cat , then passed it to here. For that, I am very grateful. Thank you Possummink.

!!!!  (???????????)

CareBears,

is your entire one side- of body - still totally without feeling, or totally weakened and no 100% without nerve feeling?  Slurring?  Cupping?  Lost of bodily functions?

I WILL BE HERE later to find out as much as you feel comfortable in letting me know.

Woman Surprised I am so very sorry, but tried to ask several if they had heard from you, so now understanding.

Was there a MRI, CT and knowledge of a thrombus positioned within, or close to the brain at any point? Were you given a medication that [THEY] said helped or completely dissolved - no one in that profession would want the darn thing to break loose and travel---?

I had told my husband 2 weeks ago, I'll give it another try. He had remembered the [>saga] there at the Mayo which he gave up on, from previous friends' experiences. 

You will hopefully see this much later, so I'll ask and read what is occurring now with PT and the Rehab.  

Also, your husband / skin/ work/ improvement/ other physician where Mayo left you fending for yourself?

What a FIASCO that had to have been. Yes, I know. $$s.

Also, to @house_cat , thank you so very much for having concerning conversation with Carebears.

I'll never forget that.

That was when you had told me you had heard of no one sending anything, inquiring with an @ symbol when I flagged you on Book Club.

I have that post copied.

I checked, no one.Woman Frustrated

I am sorry for that. I found that very ho hum, but so grateful to @possummink  that she transferred this (1) over here. 

Sending a knowing heart with a caring filled token of understanding and oh so much concern for everything you fought your way through. HeartNAES

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT , also -above. I'll be with you, too.

Going back to QUESTION the 3rd party what did she want from our connect? 

UNDENIABLE, as lurking. 

Where did she come from --? 

Honored Contributor

🧡💙💕 @CareBears  💛❤️💜

send you healing hugs 

I'm thinking about you and our collective postivie thoughts will lift you over the humps

giphy.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink  thank you for your kind words ans prayers, they mean the world to me!

Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu Thank you I have missed reading, but I am back ready to read away, I am currently reading The Couple on Cedar Close by Anna-Lou Weatherley, so far so good!

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1  I basically had to re-train myself to use my right hand and leg again.  Right now I  am wheelchair bound on the main level. but I pull myself up the handrails on the staires and then use a walker to get to my bedroom.  I went through a battery of tests, to tell you the truth I do not remember them all, and take quite a few pills everyday so I am sure I received top notch care!  I slurred my words when it happened so I had to have speech therapy also, along with retraining myself to eat, I was coughing up everything I ate,but with time I have corrected that,and no more slurring of my words.  I never really had memory loss so for that I am thankful!  The stroke was in my brain stem I forget the technical term. but it has been a long road. but I am determined to beat this.  Yesterday in therapy I did walk with a regular cane, wobbly but I still did it,workinng on my balance.  Duane went to a local dermatologist,and was put on Dupixent (sp?) and his skin is all cleared up! Thank you for your thoughs and praryers, I have thought of you all often!

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @CareBears, I don’t know you, but a good friend of my dear friend @NAES1 is a friend of mine.  I am so sorry to hear about your stroke, but I see a one hundred percent recovery in your future.  It is obvious you are a woman of great courage and strength.  Your determination is to be so greatly admired.  There are so many stories about stroke recovery linked to a patient’s dedication to getting back to a normal life.

I wish you the very best, and I will pray to the Great Physician for your recovery.  May our Lord bless you on your journey to recovery.

I am sending you virtual hugs across the miles.  Take care, my sweet.

Pam