Honored Contributor

Re: Dear CareBears, ~~~Thinking of you as a fine Mother~~

@NAES1  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@NAES1 Thank you for the kind words. I always enjoy her book reviews so it only followed that I would wish her well. I believe you're the one who deserves the praise for lack of a better word-standing by your friend like that. You are 'some kinda woman' @NAES1. It very much sounds like she's going to do this. She's going to be fine. (don't you get that feeling?) (she's got spunk!)

SPUNK! YES!   ...betcha she does have it; CareBears is a fighter. .....'love  it, and------

I gotta say I'm havin'

_NO Mister Lou Grant in me_! ..............love `spunk`!!!

C/0 @Judaline  and @CareBears ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,     NAES

@Judaline wrote:

@NAES1 Thank you for the kind words. I always enjoy her book reviews so it only followed that I would wish her well. I believe you're the one who deserves the praise for lack of a better word-standing by your friend like that. You are 'some kinda woman' @NAES1. It very much sounds like she's going to do this. She's going to be fine. (don't you get that feeling?) (she's got spunk!)

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

SPUNK! YES!   ...betcha she does have it; CareBears is a fighter. .....'love  it, and------

I gotta say I'm havin'

_NO Mister Lou Grant in me_! ..............love `spunk`!!!

C/0 @Judaline  and @CareBears ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,     NAES

Right, he hated spunk.

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 @Judaline  Your kind by saying i have Spunk, I know I am just plain stubborn as heck, and that is telling the truth!  Missed therapy this morning, Duane's supervisor who is supposed to relive him, so he can leave was late, and then even took more time to stop at McDonalds making her even later, so by the time he could get home, drive to therapy and then to a doctors' appointment, it was just too late, and Yes she is aware I have therapy, she just does not care?  She is late almost every day, and this has been going on for weeks, so frustrating!  Her solution, is to drive myself, Duane has told her many times.after my stroke, they took away my license, she just does not care!  And d yet she writes up employees, who are late, she is something else!  Enough steaming for me, instead of testing my blood sugar several times a day, they are going to set me up with a monitor on my arm that will track my blood sugar automatically, and then download it, which will give them a better reading of when I have highs, just one step closer to getting me off of insulin, fingers crossed!  They increased my Jardiance today too!  I no longer have high blood pressure with my weight loss either, so me working my tail off to lose my weight was a GOOD thing, and finally the doctors are singing my praises!   Off to rest my are, everyone have a blessed weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Pam, dear Heart friend, - has Toby totally been worn out by you,

or you---- maybe with a nap, today?

Big difference with Sashay at 11 years old-... Toby a little one year old. 

We use to play each morning with the wand stick for a variable 12-15 minutes, now she makes it just under the 2 minute exercise run-A-thon.

She loves to climb under the (SAME ONE) sofa quilt and wiggle her way to the center and sleep.

When least expected, she crawls out from underneath and heads for one of her new favorite food treats, and we're {{glad}} because two are Greenies dental treats. 

@CareBears , you may be interested in this later on if still feeding Rodnie or (did you keep the Momma cat)?

Pam, today was suppose to be 77, -NOW- and in the 50s by mid morning. I am noticing more people wearing jackets now with the humidity in the mid 30s, a burst of maybe Autumn around the bend. -------?

I told my husband that,.... and he POPPED a sounding oh, NO.........that we are to have very hot weather for all of August. Nooooooo, don't believe so with anything in the high 90s later.

The house becomes warm so the a/c is on most of the time to balance out the warmth from earlier, but certainly enjoying the yard. As beautiful as ever...believe we had a lot of rain and actually no scorching hot days to kill the thick grass, however, did have to hose (and it is large) the back yard two days ago for four hours...that was a 1st for this summer.

What a restless world   ...sounds more like a TV soap, also I am hearing the crickets very loudly, and so early. 

I was laughing the other day when I asked you: 'had you ever seen Paul Newman in your area and you told me no, but your son did at an ice cream place'/ entertainment.

I had asked you did he go over and you said no, he wouldn't know what to say. I certainly would have.

"............And, that close ~~~~Smiley Happy /could not get over that for many weeks. If it had been you? What"?

I found some beautiful made to order when there, some Hawaiian dresses that I have not worn this year, but ready at a moment's notice if we ever are ready.

Winter is the best time to go. Here, I usually do wear those out since all are exquisite with vivid color, and yes people stop and stare. So unusual; actually they love the dress but say not for me. Very typical, though, if there on the any island. Lovely place. 

This area knows one outfit, a pair of faded jeans and an oversized tee or sweatshirt, or some type of polyester fabric either too tight, or jean shirt/ tunic. Seldom a dress

........and I'm [still] in the thick of it, decluttering and placing many items in boxes I never knew I had. 

So far an omelet appliance (new) for the counter.

Since I eat very rarely an egg, I had found two poached egg whatever ( you call them ) and thought to give to a neighbor.   Very unorganized here and doesn't bother me at all. 

How's is the redecorating going, or have you stopped or leave as is? 

Found out a little on Ava.

She was in the hospital, had the abscess drained to the size of a grape from a small orange.

She was in the hospital for a week, and as heard, could not rest due to the activity/lab work/ nurses/ food trays...  ---she begged the doctor to be released with the port still in and do her (???) IV antibiotics and flushing as in irrigation. Some nurse must come in on a daily basis. 

Her son is/was suppose to come, but I actually don't think she wants anyone there. I pray that there is no 2nd surgery, or anymore of the hospital.

She's pretty set in her ways with this entire medical situation. I know from her, she is eating only Stouffer's frozen dinners and maintaining the two doggies.

Tough gal!

I certainly hope that she and this physician has a routine care giver, or even a nurse to check in on her. 

As strange as is, I have seen stranger. Believe her son was in, again recently?

Pam this Internet is jumping so much and keeps switching me to another blank page with a photo of the Qv card,

I'll stop and continue more after I hear back from you. At least I had no problem signing on -actually have been here throughout the day leaving and coming back on. 

It appears to be worse in the latter part of the day.

Do not care, not my problem, but certainly glad I got this much through. I have been on earlier in other threads or with replies. Back as soon as this behaves itself. 

I send you hugs, and here's a Heart with love for you and your family.

And treats for Toby if I could.Cat Very Happy

I'll try to see if Sashay would enjoy being outside for a whileCat Happy      Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Toby Cat Very Happy!

See you later, ---soon----I  H O P E. 

@PamfromCT 

Friday night.

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1  Im tried my hardest to catch Rodnie but I never could so sadly we had to leave him behind, but we did get Jasper (Mama kitty) and have given her a forever home!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@NAES1  Im tried my hardest to catch Rodnie but I never could so sadly we had to leave him behind, but we did get Jasper (Mama kitty) and have given her a forever home!

CareBears,

~~~~   how well I have remembered the long weeks to months- days and nights you tried to have your abandoned kitty from (??) somewhere being a feral to make him, Rodnie, your own.

"I know not a little of feral cats,

but a [GREAT] deal when we tried for over 16 full months trying to save a little female we named KitTEE.

We did succeed those last two (2) months noticing her to come upon to the deck, but never to the door.

She was (surmising) about 3 years old and just appeared at our door one day.

Someone had just tossed her to the better neighborhood, or to our yard and left.

She had been spayed. 3 years and 0 kitties.

We fed her all through the days / water ~ and a self made bedat night. 

My heart wept with a cringe to know she lived through 3 harsh winters, two being 10 below 0. 

HOW ABOUT THAT FOR living through anguish!!

By year three, we thought for sure we just might make it.... having her come halfway through the door, then I discovered she had been bitten by another cat, some opossum or raccoon. 

I saved her {{'that time' }} by placing antibiotics in her food. By the next two weeks she was bitten again. Too weak!

It was much worse and there was no way ...and believe me... I can almost do the impossible, but my husband and neighbor found her lying dead under his foliage.

She had not been deceased no longer than possibly 1 hour, on a nice warm March morning.

We believe she was trying to us.

That affected me so much, then my husband left and adopted a (10) - ten year old female (actually my husband went and brought her home w/o me knowing), only to find out that after,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

she was here, for one week, she was showing signs of oral difficulties - She made it for 7 months. ~dooBdoo helped me so much with something to help her calm down from the pet store.

THE owners knew- she was surrendered on her 10th Birthday and my husband adopted her from the SPCA- NO COMMENT!

We cared for her and had her at the vet more times than here. She was WELL taken care of, only to know the squamous cell carcinoma had completely metastasized throughout.

So, I do understand very well with other people's pets and NO HISTORY, or just let loose.

I am so sorry to know this news of the little one you tried to save.

Much love and knowledge to what you, also, had been through.

You did your best.

God knew your sweet loving heart. 

Sending hugs as anyone whom had known you and much always respect. @CareBears , a Heart beyond words. 

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears , 

Reply above.

NAES.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline, I am genuinely sorry for all you had to go through.  But also happy for you that your heart problem has been resolved and that you now are back to normal.  So much to be grateful for, and God bless heart surgeons.  Take care, my friend.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears, I’m sorry you had to miss your appointment due to your DH’s uncaring co-worker, but it surely sounds like you have made great progress on all accounts.  Sounds as if you have made great strides on all issues, and I give you so much credit.  PT is often very hard, but you surely have a great attitude (SPUNK).  That makes all the difference.

I am sorry that it did not work out to have Rodnie with you.  But I suspect he will be fine, having SPUNK like his Momma!

Your friend,

Pam