Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dear CareBears, ~~~Thinking of you as a fine Mother~~

My Dear @NAES1, I won’t be back here this afternoon.  We got a phone call from our vet’s office, saying they had something there for us.  I thanked them for calling.  It is Lily’s ashes.  So we will be going there to pick up.  We have ashes of all our late fur loved ones.  We decided to go this afternoon, as there is no sense putting this off.  I think this will be a hard afternoon.  I did quite a bit of crying, even last night.  I will be back soon.

Love and hugs to my dear friend,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT  ~        love          ~

I understand.

Later on, there will be a better time. 

We have a backyard pet cemetery for each and everyone of our pets.  Ours and feral loved fur babies.

For me, personally, It had taken weeks until I walked up the incline to sit under the pine trees.

I still have very anxious moments going back home where mother and dad are buried in the family 'one'. Once I am there, I find everything more peaceful.

Thank you.  What you had to to do was not easy.

Smiley Happy THINKING OF YOU RIGHT NOW!

Heart, NAES

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   @NAES1 

Please excuse me for butting in.

I just want to say Pam, I am thinking of you, it is so sad to bring home a fur baby’s ashes.  We have those of every baby who has blessed us.  Many tears, So much love.  {{{hugs}}}

NAES, what a great visit, and meal you enjoyed!  Love the sound of those desserts 🍨 desserts 🍮 desserts 🧁!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Dear @NAES1 and @Drythe, Thank you for your kindness and caring.  I sincerely appreciate it. Picking up Lily’s ashes was very hard for both of us, as you can well imagine.  I miss her like crazy, and the house feels so empty.  But I am glad that things happened quickly so she didn’t suffer.  But I know I don’t have to explain this to people who have gone through it.

At my age, it really seems like it doesn’t make much sense to think of another kitty.  Again, thank you for your words of comfort.

My best wishes and hugs,

Pam

I will be back after a while.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

A thought for you after a bit.

Last year was hard for us, we lost four much loved babies. 

In the last six months we have been blessed with an 8 year old cat, and an eight year old dog.  Both became homeless due to illness of their Moms.  Your local animal shelter likely has many adult pets whose parents could, or no longer wanted to keep them.

We know that we won’t have as much time, but our time together is never the less sweet.  We have done this twice before, and the idea that they can’t adjust to a new home, new ways, or new love, has not proven to be true, very much the opposite.

Passing this along with the best of good wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe, Thank you for your kind words.  I don’t know what we will do, but if we want to be kitty guardians, we would definitely adopt.  In fact, every kitty we have ever taken into our home has been through adoption.  I agree with your view that these darlings do adapt.  In fact, I think they appreciate being loved so much!  Thank you for thinking of me.  I ordered a special picture frame for Lily, as well as two books on dealing with loss of our Sweetiepie from Amazon today.  The picture frame has a rainbow on the top, a poem about meeting at the Rainbow Bridge, and a place for her picture.  I used to call her both names, and she responded to both.

I just cannot imagine losing so many fur babies as you did in a short period of time.  And how wonderful to take in two innocents who need a loving home.  May God bless you.

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat  hello,sorry I have been missing in action!  I suffered a stroke in the beginning of May and have been in a in care facility, working om physical therapy.  I lost full use of my right arm and leg, and working very hard to regain my strengh,I still can only type with one finger, but my doctors are very impressed with my progress,guess that old stubborn streak is finally paying off.  I have only been home a little over a week, but still attend therapy 3 days a week and will continue for 3-4 more weeks.  I jusr finished my  first book since being at home. "Blue" by Danielle Steele which I enjoyed very much.  I have misses so many of you like crazy, my friends.  No,my daughter never reached out to me to find out any details or to find out if I was OK?  My sisters reached out the first week, and not a word since,yes it hurts, but I have to make my health a priority and live for my future, and not let their behavior stop me from my progress!  I have missed you all and cannot wait to hear from you all!  God Bless everyone!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears 

I am so happy to hear from you!!!!

I didn't want to make a pest of myself and page you again, but I have been very concerned.  I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through 😓, but your progress so far is very encouraging! Good for you!  I want you to remember that there are people on the forum who care very much and I would think that typing and participating here might just be what the doctor would order!  Please stay in touch and keep us abreast of your progress 💕

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  So niice to hear from you and your kind words,my friends here is just what the doctor ordered, and I made some beautifu friends while working in therapy, we encoraged each other as we all had our issues we were dealing with. and can you believe I was a social butterfly in the care facility, I constantly stayed busy, it was wonderful to hear from you!  Big hugs, being sent your way!

Honored Contributor

Same to you, @CareBears 

Please stay in touch.

~ house cat ~