Honored Contributor

Saturday I was treated to a day at the Legion of Honor Museum in SF.  The current exhibit, Truth and Beauty, is of the pre-Raphaelites with originals such as "Flora," "Love and the Maiden," and "Lady Lilith."  (in order below)

The movement was begun by three very young artists (19, 20, and 21) who rebelled against the strict painting styles that had come before them.  They were in favor of more natural beauty of people and the surrounding nature.   There is actually a DVD series (or streaming) called "Desperate Romantics" available on Netflix telling their story.

The Director of the Art Division gave a lecture and shared her passionate love of this era.  She was a delight to listen to.

Anyone been to any wonderful museum exhibits lately?

Image result for pre raphaelite art flora

Image result for love and the maiden

Image result for lady lilith

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I see that this is a new exhibit....and it looks so interesting. I may be in SF in September, so hope to see it. 

Valued Contributor

Stunning and emotional.  Love this style, thanks for posting, made my morning

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I were in NYC for a few days. We saw an amazing revival of My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center and had planned to go to a museum the next day. Yet, rather than return to the Met, MOMA, or the Guggenheim, we went to the Downton Abbey Exhibit. It happens to be in Manhattan right now and, as a fan, I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to see all the costumes, the room recreations, and the way of life upstairs and down. The exhibit was wonderful. If you’re a fan of the series and are in NYC, don’t miss it.