Respected Contributor

Re: Daughter at Airport - follow up

@jeanlake  Congratulations to your daughter!  How wonderful that she had the fortitude to forge on and achieve her dreams!  I wish her all the best in her new career and life in general.  She'll soar high!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Back home now and read your kind comments. Thank you. I'm sorry for anyone going through a tough time. Agree with posters that 'this too shall pass' and 'time heals.' Something I would tell my daughter -- the best revenge is a good life. We talked a lot about the law of attraction (all energy) over several years. I was sad to learn she was so discouraged she stopped dreaming and setting goals at one point. I like what MLK says -- without dreams, we perish. Keep dreaming, hoping and being kind, good people!      

Did you see today's quote, @jeanlake?

"The premise that so many people come from is that good isn’t natural; good must be demanded or manipulated or orchestrated. And we say, good IS natural! It must be asked for, and it must be expected — but Good is the only Stream that flows."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

A special thank you to the kind and good people on this forum who allowed me to get tender and 'worry' online when I dropped youngest daughter off at airport, knowing she would complete training and move to a 'hub' city. She's just one of those people you miss when she's not around and you helped me through the first 24 hours -- many thanks. Reading your responses helped me to briefly experience my emotions then snap out of it, making this change about daughter's happiness and her career.

I'm happy to report DD's in her seventh and final week of United Airlines Flight Attendant training. She's on a training flight somewhere in the Southeast region as I type. She's guessing they'll be many kids on the plane. Her hint to me.

This is something she's wanted to do since college but suffered an ugly, viscious assault at that time (early 20s) and her bright light dimmed for a while. After PTSD therapy and a lot of healing, she was ready to pick up where she left off, half a decade later, and apply at airlines. She saved money to temporarily be without an income and went through the intense training program, passing each test with 80% or above, then finished with 90s grades for her finals. A big deal for an ADHD person. Her ability to focus, retain and recall was amazing. She wanted this.

So proud of her. She's off to San Francisco for 6 months at the end of the month. After that? The friendly skies are the limit. 

Again - I'm touched by how kind and caring y'all were. I thank you. I'll be going out of town soon and won't be visiting forum for a short while, but didn't want to miss an opportunity to follow up and thank you, while it's on my mind. Heart   

@jeanlake 

❤️Such a touching post. You sound like a wonderful Mom with a wonderful daughter. Good thoughts and wishes for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your kinds words. Yes, my daughter is a ray of sunshine. She's getting settled in SFO and is doing well with the airlines. She popped home last week and I didn't say 'goodbye' when I dropped her off at the airport. That's what tore me up initially. Again, thrilled for her.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Thank you for your kinds words. Yes, my daughter is a ray of sunshine. She's getting settled in SFO and is doing well with the airlines. She popped home last week and I didn't say 'goodbye' when I dropped her off at the airport. That's what tore me up initially. Again, thrilled for her.

❤️ @jeanlake 'goodbye' is too final, right? Sweet thread.