Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

If you consider it a date, it's a date. Is it just a dinner with a good friend? Terminology is up to you.  

Since it is now Saturday and you started your thread on Thursday, what did you feel it was?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

We are still waiting to hear from @Luvsmyfam . Hope she had a great time and is still recovering. I wouldn't like to know that she broke the "date".

Hope everything went well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  still waiting to hear from you. Hope everything is ok.

I know you might be working tonight but please check in.

It's like waiting to hear the garage door open and know that

you are home. Haven't heard the garage door.

Respected Contributor

I think this guy probably felt bad that your birthday dinner was going to be cancelled and you would have to spend it alone.  Sounds like he felt bad about it and wanted you to still enjoy your day.   I would definitely consider it as dinner with a friend and nothing more.  I would be very casual about it and just relax and have fun expecting nothing more than a dinner and conversation and not analyze the whole dinner.  If he wanted to go to dinner again then I would consider that a date.  As far as age I personally don't have the confidence to go too young and I don't want a lot older.  I think 5 years each way would be it for me but a lot of people are happier with a younger man or an older one.  Everyone has to follow their own path and deal with what comes their way.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Sage04 @Lucky Charm no way will I whine to him about myself.and yes,I will spend extra time on makeup and hair.omg,just thought of something,what if I get gassy due to nerves?I shouldn't be posting about gas.i apologize

@Luvsmyfam   LOL  🤣

Honored Contributor

To me, it would not change the status between the man and me. Whatever it has been is the same as it will be when out alone together.

Respected Contributor

I hope you had a Happy Birthday and went out with him and enjoyed his company.  That being said, if you've known him for 5 years and he knows how you feel and he runs hot & cold, I think he's only interested in friendship.  Men usually make it pretty clear when they are interested in something more than friendship.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 happy Easter to you and your family!my date went ok.nothing really special because I was so nervous.i actually saw him again sat for bloodymarys.i guess I'm still confused how he really feels about me.i actually had my family and ex husband today for lunch.it brought back wonderful memories,and even made me a little sad when ex left

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  - Continue to hang out with him as friends.  If it goes to the next level, you'll know.  Just see where it leads.   It's nice to have a good friend - male or female - so go out and have fun!  

Esteemed Contributor

Why put all of this pressure on yourself. Just go out and have an enjoyable dinner with a male friend without any expectations.

I forgot to add Happy Early Birthday!