Honored Contributor

I don't even know what a supperclub is.  I've never been to one, never even seen one advertised.  I need to get out more!

You said he asked you several times if you were hungry, but you 'feel embarrassed to do that'.  You mean eat in front of him?

I guess he had to keep shoo shooing the waitstaff away from the table every time they approached?

Maybe you should've just gone out for a cocktail or two for your first date?

If I found someone attractive, their age wouldn't even cross my mind, honestly.

Respected Contributor

i would love to have an evening out at a Supper Club.  They always look fun in old movies. Drinks and dinner...dancing to live bands...the sounds of Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey...

Good for you to have a nice first date!  And you already met him so he wasn't a blind date!  i went on lots of those.. i would always order the most expensive item on the menu.  !!! JUST KIDDING!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

If you enjoyed the date and you see him occasionally, why not ask him out?  Maybe a movie or?  Its 2022 and you can do that!

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 uh,nothing like being a debbie downer.as I stated,I was very nervous and food was the last thing on my mind.i told him several times to order something for himself,but he might have been nervous also

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm we were at the very nice bar lounge area,no table

Respected Contributor

@patbz I just may do that.!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  It sounds like you had a good time, food or not. He's likely a man who won't eat in front of a "new' date unless she eats too. I hope you'll keep us posted. Good for you for jumping into the dating pool.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm no Debbie Downer....you asked for advice. Always be prepared for differing opinions. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not seeing where she asked for advice other than the age difference. Why can't people just be happy for her and not find fault with what she did. 

Glad you enjoyed yourself and here's to many more!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I'm happy you stepped into uncharted territory and found yourself having a good time. As someone else said, if it feels right, you can now suggest another date and next time I am sure you will feel more relaxed.

Supper clubs are back in style--i can think of several that have recently opened near me. It is a great setting for conversation getting to know one another.

And finally, 73 is just a number. If you share the same interests and are compatible in ways important to you, a few years plus or minus make no difference.