Honored Contributor

Re: Dancingwoman

[ Edited ]

Current drought monitor:

Drought news (December 23, 2021): The Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range was  degraded to extreme drought (D3) | Coyote Gulch

Current Map | U.S. Drought Monitor

Trusted Contributor

EB53DF0A-E6F8-4072-A39F-F892E36A01B4.jpeg

Just took this out of oven.  Homemade tapenade with cream cheese and parmigiana star bread..smells great...luckily it has cheese in it and I'm plant based so I won't be eating it..lol..

Honored Contributor

I've never eaten that but it looks so beautiful! @dancingwoman 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Everyone said it was delicious...I hope it was...thanks...

All the neighbors are gone..dishes done...DH in his garage man cave watching his westerns...I'm in the house in front of the fire reading..and having tea...DW

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   @SilleeMee   I've been trying to get some good pics if the snow..it's off and on today...cloudy and dark out.  DH has plowed twice..

Have you gotten any moisture...we are supposed to get 40mph winds today...

When the sun peeks thru I'll try to get some shots for you...

DW

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman    We got 5 tiny drops of mist on Friday, not enough to cover the sidewalk.  We also have not gotten much wind, just a breeze and blue sky out there right now. 

I don't expect any snow this winter.  If we're going to get it, it's usually in December. It was 50° at 6am today. Disgusting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Dancingwoman

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman 

Looking forward to seeing your pics!Woman Happy

No snow here but Pikes Peak is snow-capped finally. Had a little bit of rain yesterday but not really enough. We're not getting any precip here for the next 7 days. Dry, dry, dry and the wind just blows, blows, blows.  Gusts today are reaching the 50mph mark. I hope to get to fixing my fence tomorrow when this wind calms a bit. I've got my fence propped up with a board for now just to keep the dog from wandering off. One good gust of wind could take it down again though so I'm keeping an eye on it...it's a pita.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   @Kachina624   

Our forecast...

36A44613-E3F9-437C-A85C-17C51C14AEFE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   @dancingwoman    We're in the "extreme" drought area; just a matter of time before we graduate to "exceptional" if this keeps up.  Boy, do I dread summer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   @dancingwoman    We're in the "extreme" drought area; just a matter of time before we graduate to "exceptional" if this keeps up.  Boy, do I dread summer. 

@Kachina624 

I can see that by looking at that map I posted upthread. My area is not as bad as yours but it's bad enough. I dread the upcoming weeks and possibly months here along the front range where there has been no moisture. There have small fires already and thankfully they were contained quickly. Fire crews are on constant lookout b/c of the extreme fire danger here in populated areas. The last fire was just a few days ago and it was started by an unknown person who started an illegal campfire on National Forest ground. That person will be charged with arson if they can find out who it was. So far no one has been named.