Super Contributor

Re: Dan and Carolyn Post QVC

@Othereeeen  - You are 100% spot on, couldn't agree more

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

Well stated!  I am shocked how people are reacting to the lay-offs.  

Lay-offs happen.  There's no such thing as a job guaranteed for as long as you want it. 

I wish them well.

Leah's birthday was Saturday so she had the day off.

Honored Contributor

This story got major coverage in the Phila Business Journal this past week. 

Honored Contributor

@konasMamma wrote:

Not everyone wants to or can afford to retire at 60, or 65. Some people enjoy continuing to be part of some aspect of the workforce.

Departures from a career -- especially one that is high profile or publc facing -- can be very significant to someone's sense of self -- great "package" or not. 

It is hypocritical that QVC is promoting "5o and Fabulous" and had such an abrupt departure of one host in this age group -- who many adored and related to btw. 

People have the right to express their missing of Carolyn on QVC and how it may change their watching or shopping. 

It is really okay to care about people and become attached to seeing them. It is really not much different to people who "have their person" they like to deal with at a florist, grocery, or a favorite server. 

@konasMamma  - I agree 100% with your post.  Not everyone is ready - or wants to - retire at 60 or 65.  Dan said on FB that he is not retiring and will continue to work.  He said Carolyn is of the same mindset.  Good for both of them!  I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up at.  

Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@konasMamma wrote:

Not everyone wants to or can afford to retire at 60, or 65. Some people enjoy continuing to be part of some aspect of the workforce.

Departures from a career -- especially one that is high profile or publc facing -- can be very significant to someone's sense of self -- great "package" or not. 

It is hypocritical that QVC is promoting "5o and Fabulous" and had such an abrupt departure of one host in this age group -- who many adored and related to btw. 

People have the right to express their missing of Carolyn on QVC and how it may change their watching or shopping. 

It is really okay to care about people and become attached to seeing them. It is really not much different to people who "have their person" they like to deal with at a florist, grocery, or a favorite server. 

@konasMamma  - I agree 100% with your post.  Not everyone is ready - or wants to - retire at 60 or 65.  Dan said on FB that he is not retiring and will continue to work.  He said Carolyn is of the same mindset.  Good for both of them!  I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up at.  

Me too! For now, I am still really bummed out. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

This story got major coverage in the Phila Business Journal this past week. 

@Shelbelle   It got a lot of national covergage for a day as well. 

Qurate undoubtedly (my opinion of course) fed the story of two long-time hosts let go to the media.  Judging by the many social media posts that said, "Who?" and "I thought that channel closed down years ago!" I'd say it did the job Qurate wanted.  Even bad publicity can be good publicity.  Qurate needs QVC & HSN back in the mindsets of people so they can try to get all those new shoppers they desperately need.

I mean come on, they even fed David's weight loss to the media. 

Respected Contributor

I agree 100% with your post.  Not everyone is ready - or wants to - retire at 60 or 65.  Dan said on FB that he is not retiring and will continue to work.  He said Carolyn is of the same mindset.  Good for both of them!  I'm looking forward to seeing where they end up at.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carolyn has a wonderful voice and I wouldn't be surprised if she starts doing voice-overs and that kind of thing. Dan--I don't know much about him so I can't guess what will happen to him. 

QVC Customer Care

Occasional Contributor

A week ago Sunday Dan criticized QVC  live on the air about the coffee mugs that QVC have availiable for purchase. The mug only had "Sunday Mornings" on the mug. Dan felt like that it should also have writtten on the mug "w/Carolyn and Dan. He had taken a sharpie and wrote 'w/Carolyn and Dan" on the mug and said they should have their names on the mug. He also said "would they have mugs with  only "In the Ktichen" printed on them?? of course not, he said. He truly sounded like he was not too happy about it. I thought to myself, wow, better be careful