Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Thursday, August 6, 2015

Greetings my friends!  Here's hoping you all had a great Wednesday and found lots of God's blessings throughout the day!  Beautiful sunshiny day here all day - temps perfect, not hot and not cold!  Blessings from God!!  Good friends and good neighbors - Blessings from God.  I sold my Health Rider this afternoon for the money I paid for it $25.00.  My friend, Ann, bought it.  I cannot take it to the apartment so it had to go. 

We all have our ups and downs and sometime the downs seem to be more and more, we just have to trust God more and more and He'll give us more ups.

Think good and wise thoughts over and over again until you make them
your own. Lord, You have given me a strong foundation and the strength
to stand firm for what I believe. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another
with whatever gift each of you has received."  ~1 Peter 4:10

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

We can try to be thankful for whatever vision we have.  We can try to
perform, in the little things, faithful service to God and others.  We
can do our small part every day in a spirit of service to God.  We can
be doers of God's word, not hearers only.  In our daily life we can
try to keep faith with God.  Every day can bring a new opportunity to
be of some use.  Even when we are tempted to rest or let things go or
to evade the issue, we can make it a habit to meet the issue squarely
as a challenge and not to hold back.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may perform each task faithfully.  I pray that I may
meet each issue of life squarely and not hold back.

Develop the Right Attitude

Here are 10 suggestions to help you develop and maintain a healthy self-image.
1. Hate your sin, but never hate yourself.
2. Be quick to repent.
3. When God gives you light, walk in it.
4. Stop saying negative things about yourself. God loves you and it's wrong to hate what He loves. He has great plans for you, so you're in conflict with Him when you speak negatively concerning your future.
5. Never be afraid to admit that you've made a mistake and don't always assume that when things go wrong, or always say, "It must be my fault."
6. Don't meditate excessively on what you've done, right or wrong; both of these activities keep your mind on you! Center your thoughts on Christ.
7. Take good care of yourself physically. Make the best of what God gave you to work with, but don't be obsessed with your appearance.
8. Never stop learning, but don't allow your education to become a point of pride. God doesn't use you because of what's in your head: He uses you because of what's in your heart.
9. Realize that your talents are a gift, not something you have manufactured yourself; never look down on people who can't do what you do.
10. Don't despise your weaknesses; they keep you dependent on God.

God's Minute

I've only just a minute,
Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it,
Didn't seek it, didn't choose it,
But it's up to me to use it.
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give an account if I abuse it,
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.

By Dr. Benjamin E. Mays

Apples of Gold

The Word says, "A word fitly spoken 
is like Apples of gold in pictures of silver".
How very beautiful to hear.

Yet ugly words can be as a sword, 
A sword so sharp and clear.

Your words are the Apples of Gold, 
Set in pictures of pure silver filigree.

You are The Way, The Truth and The Life; 
You are our Savior, our King, and our Royalty.

No other savior, no other god, 
No other statue of person, foul or fish, 
Can save mankind from their sin, 
Even though others make this wish.

Your Words are Apples of Gold In pictures of silver, 
shining so very brightly.
 Lead us, my Savior, now and forever,

You are the only One to lead us rightly. 
precious as lovely jewels. 
Lead us, my Lord, now and forever, 
Embed in us your holy "Golden Rule."

You are my Love, You are my very Life, 
You are my All in All. 
You are the true, and only, Gift of Life,

You keep us from the fall. 
glowing with power and might. 
Come for us soon, my Savior, Redeemer,
Rescue us from this worldly plight!

God Bless You all

Slowing Down
Slow my pace, Lord. Slow my life. Come sit by me at the well. I am exhausted. 

Give rest to my heart; bring calm to my feelings. Come, lead me to the mountain. I am empty. 

Give me these hours the leisure to be still that I savor the quiet of rolling hills, tasting the presence of the Divine. 

Bring me from the running of the day and the doing of the duties to the sitting in the evening to know the reward of being. 

Set aside the problems of mind; soothe the aches of the heart; give rest to the body that I hear the music of my being and know a quiet that allows the soaring of the soul. 

Be gentle, Teacher, teaching the truth of being. In gentleness, command: "Silence!" 

In stillness embrace my spirit and re-enkindle with love... and opening the embrace give freedom to the soul. 

Slow my pace, Spirit of Love, breathe into my being, Word....and with a mighty wind blow the incarnate word to the ends of the earth. 

Monsignor Bernard Powers

August 5 - Jesus Calling

"Sit quietly in My Presence while I bless you. Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it. Rest in My sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents. Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures. Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me, as we walk through this day together.

Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are and Whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom."

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
—Psalm 37:7

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
—Romans 8:16–17

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
—1 Peter 2:9

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday, August 6, 2015

Good morning,

You're right Gloria, life is full of ups and downs. All we can do is trust the Lord to get us through the difficult times and we learn to appreciate the good ones. Give thanks in all. 

May you all have a happy day. 

Be still, and know.
Trusted Contributor

I have many blessings from God.  Yesterday I went to the church and they gave me many vegetables from the garden.  I made fried cabbage.  It was very good.  Have you ever had one on bread and butter?  Salt the cucumber.  They gave me a case of Mountian Due, but I can't drink it as it has sugar in it. I'll save it for the grandkids.

When are you moving, Gloria?  I wish you success....Have a nice day and God bless...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Lucy and Bobbiesue!  

Fortunately God does give us more ups than downs, doesn't He?  And the downs He gives us strength.

We are moving Sept. 1st, Bobbiesue.  I never had fried cabbage, I cook cabbage, make cole slaw and saurkraut though.  We were blessed with an abundance of it this summer! Praise God!