Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday, July 18, 2015

[ Edited ]

Hello my friends! Well we had a showing at 9:15 am today and Linus was home so we went with Sammy in the car to places like Good Will to drop some things off, to Casey's for a Breakfast Pizza, and on to home, the people were gone already.  Got a good feedback, we were rated all above average, and the people are interested and we may have a possible offer soon as they go to their bank. We'll see.  We still have another showing tomorrow morning.  Keep us in your prayers!  Got more raspberries picked, lettuce picked and more.  I'll be digging some more potatoes soon.  Let us all pray for one another! God answers prayer, His way which is truly the best way.

Today let me find simple ways to bring joy to others. Lord, when I feel
that I have nothing to give, give me the confidence to believe in myself
so that I can touch the hearts of those around me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your
souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can have faith, no matter what may come my way.  I can be patient,
even in the midst of troubles.  I need not fear the strain of life,
because I believe that God knows how much I can bear and will be there
to help me.  I can look to the future with confidence.  I know that
God will not ask me to bear anything that could overcome or destroy
me.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y

I pray that I may put this day in the hands of God  I pray for faith,
so that nothing will upset me or weaken my determination to live in
God's way.

July 17

Come away with Me for a while. The world, with its nonstop demands, can be put on hold. Most people put Me on hold, rationalizing that someday they will find time to focus on Me. But the longer people push Me into the background of their lives, the harder it is for them to find Me.

You live among people who glorify busyness; they have made time a tyrant that controls their lives. Even those who know Me as Savior tend to march to the tempo of the world. They have bought into the illusion that more is always better: more meetings, more programs, more activity.

I have called you to follow Me on a solitary path, making time alone with Me your highest priority and deepest Joy. It is a pathway largely unappreciated and often despised. However, you have chosen the better thing, which will never be taken away from you. Moreover, as you walk close to Me, I can bless others through you.

“The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.”
-Song of Songs 2:13

“But only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
-Luke 10:42

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday, July 18, 2015

Ordinary Miracles

Today, I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ---
A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself.
An unexpected phone call from an old friend.
Green stoplights on your way to work.
I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in ---
The fastest line at the grocery store.
A good sing along song on the radio.
Your keys right where you look.
I wish you a day of happiness and perfection ---
Little bite-size pieces of perfection that give you the funny feeling 
that the universe is smiling on you, holding you so gently
because you are someone special and rare.

Help Yourself

A traveling preacher finds himself in a tremendous rainstorm.

Within a few hours the hotel he is staying in becomes flooded. As the water rises, the preacher climbs to the roof and starts praying.

"Lord, save me so I can continue on my mission of preaching your gospel."

Just then, a coast guard rescue party floats by in a rowboat. "Let's go mister. Into the boat."

"I'll stay here," says the preacher, "The Lord will save me."

An hour later a second boat reaches the scene and the water is close to the roof of the hotel. "Sir, you better get in. the water is still rising."

"No thanks. The Lord will be my salvation."

Toward evening, the hotel is almost completely under water and the preacher is clinging to the satellite dish on the roof. A helicopter is spotted and on a loudspeaker is heard "HSir, grab on to the line and we will pull you up. This is your last chance.

"I'm all right," says the preacher, as he looks heavenward. "I know the Lord will provide sanctuary."

As the boat departs, the satellite dish is hit by lightning and the preacher is killed. When he arrived at the Pearly Gates he was furious.

"What happened, " he shouts. "I thought the Lord would provide!"

Moments later a thunderous voice is heard. "Gimmie a break pal. I sent you 2 boats and a chopper"

Our Lady, Help of Christians

Most Holy and Immaculate Virgin, Help of Christians, we place ourselves under your motherly protection. Throughout the Church's history you have helped Christians in times of trial, temptation and danger. Time and time again, you have proven to be the Refuge of sinners, the Hope of the hopeless, the Consoler of the afflicted, and the Comforter of the dying. We promise to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, your Son, to proclaim His Good News of God's love for all people, and to work for peace and
justice in our world. With faith in your intercession, we pray for the Church, for our family and friends, for the poor and abandoned, and all the dying. Grant, O Mary, Help of Christians, the graces in which we stand in need. (Mention your intentions) May we serve Jesus with fidelity and love until death. Help us and out loved ones to attain the boundless joy of being forever with our Father in heaven. Amen

MARY, HELP OF CHRISTIANS, PRAY FOR US!

Let nothing disturb thee

Let nothing disturb thee,
Nothing affright thee;
All things are passing,
God never changeth!
Patient endurance
Attaineth to all things;
Who God possesseth
In nothing is wanting;
Alone God sufficeth.

These lines were found after St Teresa of Avila's death in her breviary in which P Gracián wrote "This breviary belonged to Mother Teresa of Jesus and she was using it for her prayers when God called her to heaven from Alba.

Honored Contributor

Blessed  Weekend....:)Friends...:): Mornings Blessed, Blessed Sunday, Online Friends, Awesome Sisters, Daily Blessed, Blessed Weekend Friends, Week Blessed Thi, Things, Inspiration Quotes

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for the past week.  We are traveling Europe and visiting friends in France & Holland.  I just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you and remembering you in prayer everyday.  See you again soon.Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Trusted Contributor

Hi Puddles I hope you are enjoying your travels. I hope and this is it Gloria. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the inspiration.......prayers for families of the fallen soldiers........nice to see posters honoring them in Community Chat..........so sad........
Trusted Contributor

Gloriajean, I just want you to know I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us up to date on how your home sale is going.  

I would sure love to taste some of your raspberries. I'm sure they are delicious. Will you be putting some of them up, or do you use all of them fresh? 

Wishing you a blessed day.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Puddles, Harlene, Jesse and Divine! So nice to see you all!  Glad you like the inspirations, Jesse, and Divine - I freeze the raspberries. Too much to eat fresh.  Had today's picking in our lettuce salad for supper tonight.