Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday ~ Fourth of July

Hello Friends ~Heart  As we celebrate our nation's freedom, we honor the courageous men and women who have dedicated their lives to preserving it. 

Wishing you a blessed Independence Day ~Heart

If you have more than you need, but still feel it isn't enough, then you are poor. 
Lord, may I take time to recognize and enjoy my blessings.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I
may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."  1 Corinthians 13:3

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

One secret of abundant living is the art of giving.  The paradox of life
is that the more we give, the more we have.  If we lose our lives in the
service of others, we will save it.  We can give abundantly and so live
abundantly.  We are rich in one respect--we have a spirit that is
inexhaustible.  We need let no mean or selfish thought keep us from
sharing this spirit.  Of love, of help, of understanding, and of
sympathy, we can give and keep giving.  We can give our personal ease
and comfort, our time, our money, and most of all ourselves.  And we
will be living abundantly.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may live to give.  I pray that I may learn the secret of
abundant living.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday ~ Fourth of July

Life Is Too Short

Life is too short to let even one day be frenzied or frazzled or frittered away.

Life is too short not to take time to do the things that will hold the most meaning for you.

So let yourself float like a leaf on a stream, relax with your memories and let yourself dream.

Throw out your list that's impossibly long, and dance a few steps to a favorite song.

Turn off the news and go find someone real who'll listen and talk and affirm what you feel.

Life is too short and flies by if you let it, so choose what you want every day-- and go and get it.

LIVE HAPPY!

Esteemed Contributor

It's in the silence of the soul,
Where peace and wisdom stay
to guide us through the din and strife
confronting us each day.

God placed this gift within us
with his loving Grace
knowing that we need His love
when trials of life we face

This strength will gently guide us
his live will see us through
releasing gifts of faith and hope
to bear what we must do

Esteemed Contributor

Pockets Of Pain

Dear Chosen One,

Again, it has been My delight to hold you close, whisper My secrets in your ear, and joy in the wonder of you.

I know there are still some areas "We" both want to see healed but those little pockets of pain have been inside you a very long time.

And believe it or not, as troublesome as they are, to remove them all at once would be unwise.

Through the years, little by little and deep within yourself you came to think of those inner hurts as part of your identity.

As a Wise Master Builder I simply know that to replace those faulty parts with the original ones I designed for you does require a certain pace and process.

Why? You are always asking why, aren't you??

But I have already told you!!

To heal those inner wounds in a single act of power would deny you the opportunity to grow, to know by experience, and thereby to become a compassionate deliverer.

There are some kinds of knowing that only come by growing, otherwise why should My Son have arrived in your world as a baby?

Jesus Himself "learned" obedience - sinless though He was, by the things He suffered.

Not even He was exempt.

To fulfill all righteousness and lay hold of deepest wisdom, even Almighty God had to embrace pain and death.

Christ's baptism into suffering and death has become your baptism into glory and life.

How so!?! Ha!!! Shall I send you a blueprint of the cosmos for starters???

The full explanation lies beyond the range of mortal comprehension.

At least, such is My view of the matter.

Trust Me!! Do you have any other choice???

Tenderly,
Your Dad

- Author Unknown

Esteemed Contributor

Your daily reading fromSt. Faustina's diary 

July 3

O my Jesus, You are the life of my life. You know only too well that I long for nothing but the glory of Your Name and that souls come to know Your goodness. Why do souls avoid You, Jesus?-I don't understand that. Oh, if I could only cut my heart into tiny pieces and in this way offer to You, O Jesus, each piece as a heart whole and entire, to make up in part for the hearts that do not love You! I love You, Jesus, with every drop of my blood, and I would gladly shed my blood for You to give You a proof of the sincerity of my love. O God, the more I know You the less I can comprehend You, but this "non-comprehension" lets me realize how great You are! And it is this impossi8bility of comprehending You which enflames my heart anew for you, O Lord. From the moment when You let me fix the eyes of my soul on You, O Jesus, I have been at peace and desired nothing else. I found my destiny at the moment when my soul lost itself in You, the only object of my love. In comparison with You, everything is nothing. Sufferings, adversities, humiliations, failures, and suspicions that have come my way are splinters that keep alive the fire of my love for You, O Jesus.      (57)

The words of Our Lord Jesus Christ are in boldface. The words of Our Lady are in italics.

Copyright (c) 1996 by the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. All rights reserved.

Esteemed Contributor

Jesus Calling ~

July 3

"My children make a pastime of judging one another - and themselves. But I am the only capable Judge, and I have acquitted you through My own blood. Your acquittal came at the price of My unparalleled sacrifice. That is why I am highly offended when I hear My children judge one another or indulge in self-hatred. If you live close to Me and absorb My Word, the Holy Spirit will guide and correct you as needed. There is no condemnation for those who belong to Me."

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”
—Luke 6:37

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
—2 Timothy 4:8

He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
—Titus 3:5

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
—Romans 8:1

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.icombizsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/independence-day-flag-550x320.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Julie thanks for putting the thread on f or us, you did a great job. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Harlene, I enjoyed it...

I hope you have a good evening...
Valued Contributor

Thanks the inspiration that you all posted.