Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

[ Edited ]

Hello my friends! Baptism went well - they slept through it all.  Lori went over there and helped getting the twins ready, fed them just before, and really helped them out.  She was really needed.  Afterwards, a great dinner was served, meatballs over some pasta, and some mushroom stuffed pastas with alfreda sauce poured over them - and a big salad. Every was very good and also Darla made two different soups. Lots of food left over, so tomorrow night when I am there until after 8 when Linus gets off work, we'll have a nice Anniversary dinner then, with them, it'll be our 52nd wedding anniversary tomorrow.  We got home and rested!  I did post a picture of the twins in their baptismal gowns on yesterday's thread.

When we give in to fears and worries they will take charge of our lives. 
Lord, I place my trust in You so that I may experience every opportunity
and not miss in life that which is meant for me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Jesus straightened up and said to the woman caught in adultery, 'Woman,
where are they? Has no one condemned you?' She said, 'No one, sir.' And
Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not
sin again.'"  ~John 8:10-11

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can start a new life each day.  I can put away the old mistakes and start
anew each day.  God always offers me a fresh start.  I need not be burdened
or anxious.  If God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those who
had not sinned, where would be its need?  I believe that God forgives us all
our sins.  We can honestly try to live today the way God wants us to live.
God forgives us much and we can be very grateful.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that my life may not be spoiled by worry and fear and selfishness. 
I pray that I may have a glad, thankful and humble heart

Watch, O Lord (St. Augustine)

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight,
and give Your angels and saints charge over those who sleep.

Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest Your weary ones.

Bless Your dying ones.

Soothe Your suffering ones.

Pity Your afflicted ones.

Shield Your joyous ones,

and all for Your love's sake. Amen.

Bench Marks

A man phoned his physician and excitedly exclaimed: "Please come at once, doctor. My son has swallowed my fountain pen." The doctor replied, "I'll be right over, but what are you doing in the meanwhile?"

"Using a pencil," answered the father.

What do we do "in the meanwhile" is of vital importance to our lives --- and to the lives of others. What we do with our leisure time can build our character or destroy it. It can make our fortune or mar it.

While we wait for a traffic light to change, we can pray for our president, our Nation and World. While we wait for an elevator we can be still and know that God is, and He is still in charge of the Universe. While we drive or ride to work, we can affirmatively and joyously meditate on that which is true, pure, lovely and positive.

While we wash the dishes, mow the lawn or perform other tasks that require less than our complete attention, we can sing, whistle or hum the tunes of great songs and hymns that inevitably make life more beautiful for us and our fellow man.

While we sit in the waiting room of our physician or dentist, we can thank God for dedicated professional people, and we can pray for those patients who might be anxious, fearful, despondent or in pain.

What we do with our golden "in the meanwhile" moments can enrich and inspire, encourage and uplift, bless and brighten our important corner of the world.

~ Dr. William Arthur Wood ~

When and If

"When we share laughter, there's twice the fun; when we share success, we surpass what we have done. When we share problems, there's half the pain; when we share tears, a rainbow follows rain. 
When we share dreams, they become more real; when we share secrets, it's our hearts we reveal. 
If we share a smile, then our love shows; if we share a hug, then our love grows. 
If we share with someone on whom we depend, that person becomes family or friend. 
And what draws us closer and makes us all care, is not what we have, but the things that we share." 

Anonymous.

The Grail Prayer

Lord Jesus,
I give you my hands to do your work.
I give you my feet to go your way.
I give you my eyes to see as you do.
I give you my tongue to speak your words.
I give you my mind that you may think in me.
I give you my spirit that you may pray in me.

Above all,
I give you my heart that you may love in me your Father and all humanity.
I give you my whole self that you may grow in me, so that it is you, Lord Jesus, who live and work and pray in me.

Sayings of Mother Teresa

Inline image 1

St. Augustine - Feast Day August 28

Blessed Redeemer, when Saint Augustine was a young adult, he rejected his upbringing, converted to a false religion and lived immorally. It was a lifestyle he did not want to give up, but he finally realized that nothing truly satisfied him except friendship with You. He said, "Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and are restless until they rest in You." I ask him pray for those who are stubborn in their rejection of You. Help them to get more deeply in touch with their inner restlessness and continually increase in them the awareness that their lives are empty until they turn to You. Saint Augustine, pray for us. Amen.

August 28 - Jesus Calling

Grow strong in the Light of My Presence. As My Face shines upon you, you receive nutrients that enhance your growth in grace. I designed you to commune with Me face to Face, and this interaction strengthens your soul. Such communion provides a tiny glimpse of what awaits you in heaven, where all barriers between you and My Glory will be removed. This meditative time with Me blesses you doubly: You experience My Presence here and now, and you are refreshed by the hope of heaven, where you will know Me in ecstatic Joy.

Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?” Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
—Psalm 4:6–8

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
—Revelation 21:23

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

It's nice that everything turned out so well, Gloria.

Thanks for posting the picture the twins looked beautiful.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Respected Contributor

Baptisms are such a special day and time for us all.  

Happy "52nd" Anniversary!  Wishing you both a wonderful day and continued health and happiness.🌹

Super Contributor

Gloriajean,those girls are little angels!  They looks so sweet and perfect for their special day. Glad all went well and you had a nice time.  Sounds wonderful!

Have a good Monday to all.  Many blessings and may the day be filled with joy and all those ordinary miracles that bring smiles.  Enjoy!

Peace, Nancy

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean, Happy anniversary!  We had our 40th earlier this year. Those twins are so cute, and their dresses were perfect. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. 

@nj, Have a great week teaching, and @lovestopaint, hope you are feeling better. 

Enjoy your Monday, all!

Regular Contributor

HI Gloria, The twins are beautiful! I'm glad to hear the day went so perfectly. Those little girls are truly blessed to be loved by so many people. 

Thanks for "sharing" them with all of us.   Marmot

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean and LInus, happy anniversary and many more. You are blessed to have each other in your lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Anniversary @gloriajean

Many blessings to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Anniversary Gloria and Linus.  Best to you both!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Happy Anniversary

Gloriajean and Linus

Blessings

Harlene