Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday, July 13, 2015

Greetings my friends!  Here's hoping you are all having a blessed Sunday and keeping the Lord's day! Today we were blessed with more raspberries, and about 19 pounds of cherries - which we froze and will make wine out if after we move.  Also another blessing - shortly Darla and Greg will be coming to visit, and for overnight.  They leave back on Tuesday.  Tomorrow we'll look at Greg's parent's house in town to see what condition it's in.  Hasn't been lived in in years. Praying for you all - another house showing tomorrow afternoon, we pray it's the last one and we'll get our offer!! Please God!

Be patient with others, but mostly be patient with yourself. Lord, help me to keep a smile on my face and to realize my goodness and refuse to dwell on my imperfections.

Scripture for the Day

Jesus was praying in a certain place, and after He finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples." He said to them, "When you pray, say: Father, hallowed by your name. Your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us. And do not bring us to the time of trial." Luke 11:1-4

Meditation for the day:

I need not become weary in prayer.  When one day we see how unexpectedly our prayer has been answered, then we may deeply regret that we have prayed so little.  Prayer can change things for us. We can practice praying until our trust in God has become strong. And then we can pray on, because it has become so much a habit that we need it daily.  We can keep praying until prayer seems to become communion with God.  That is the note on which true times of prayer can end.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may form the habit of prayer. I pray that I may find the strength I need as a result of this communion.

HOW TO BE HAPPY ?

We all want to be happy. We all seek happiness in a thousand different ways but we forget to look for it in the only place it can be found. Riches and glory and the goods of this life cannot guarantee happiness, nor, can they save us from evils and sorrows. No friend can take from us the fear and the danger of death. God and God alone can give happiness in life and in death. 
He is the best of Fathers, the dearest of Friends. He wishes to give us happiness and He solemnly promises to give it to all who are devoted to His Sacred Heart.

Read His Promises, their meaning is clear. Jesus promises clearly to help us in our difficulties, to console us in our sorrows, to bless our undertakings, to give everyone the helps and graces necessary for their position in life. He promises the mother, the husband, the doctor, the lawyer, the priest------everyone------the graces necessary, for the perfect fulfillment of their individual duties.

What more could we ask for?

A Lifetime Guarantee

Will you take me back, dear Lord,
I've been gone from You so long;
I have lost track of all my sins,
And I've spent years in doing wrong.

I did so many prideful things,
And shamelessly did boast;
I broke so many loving hearts
And hurt the people I loved most.

I've heard about atonement,
I've been warned of Judgment Day;
And even though I listened,
I still strayed far away.

Will you welcome me again, dear Lord,
And forgive me one more time?
Will You share Your Father's love with me,
If I truly give You mine?

I'm so sorry that I left You, God,
I'm saddened now ... and low;
God smiled, "You didn't leave me, child,
I never let you go!"

"I promised you Salvation,
My Word cannot be undone;
You got a Lifetime Guarantee,
When I gave up my Precious Son."

Special Diet

Our daughter's boyfriend, Trey had been diagnosed with diabetes when he was just 25 
years old. After having eaten any way he wanted for his entire life, conforming to a special
diet for diabetics was a difficult transition. 

His carbohydrate and sugar intakes had to be measured and monitored, and food needed 
to be eaten every so many hours. What he put into his body would make the difference 
between living healthy and possibly not living at all! 

I believe our thoughts are our soul's food. The things we think about are the things we feed 
upon. Are our thoughts self centered, self promoting, self gratifying, self righteous, self-indulgent
and self-absorbed? If so, we will live a very shallow and obviously self centered life. 

God calls us to feed our souls with thoughts of Him. How? By taking the words in the Bible 
and reading them not only silently, but out loud. We can internalize them much more efficiently
when we use both methods of reading. His call to love others and His marvelous promises are
in the Word for us to eat and internalize into the depths of our beings so let's hurry to the feast
table, and dine on His Special Diet waiting for us. 

By Marion Smith

Patrick's Scripture Reflection for Today:

Today's readings 7/12/15
Am.7:12-15;  Ps.85:9-14;  Eph.1:3-14;  Mk.6:7-13

In driving the prophet Amos from the Temple in Bethel Amaziah the priest exposes himself as nothing more than a servant working for "bread", his ministry was just a job to him while Amos' ministry was one he makes clear was his answer to a Divine Calling he could not refuse. In our second reading St.Paul describes that calling as the "destiny" of every baptized believer, one that is "in accord with the Purpose of the One who accomplishes all things according to His Will". That destiny and purpose has nothing to do with where we're from or what sort of job we work at to earn our daily wages, it's all about where we choose to go and who we choose to serve right now at this very moment in time, and it's a good thing it does because we all have a few things we need to leave behind in the past. The reality is the present moment is the only thing in life we have any real control of, we can't change the past and the future is in God's Hands, everything else is part of God's unfolding Plan that we can either accept or reject. The truth is if we're being guided by the Spirit the way Amos was we don't have to worry about where we earn our "bread" or anything else, something Jesus makes perfectly clear in today's Gospel. If we do our best to live each moment "in accord with His Will" God will take care of all that, enabling us to fulfill the real purpose for which we exist. Amos believed and lived that every day, so did St.Paul and countless others who served God out of love and gratitude, and the fruits of their labors remain long after those whose service of God was just a "job for bread" have been long gone. Like St.Paul tells us we "exist for the praise of His Glory" and that "Daily Bread" is the only thing that can satisfy our deepest need, and once that need is satisfied God's Divine Providence will take care of everything else and then some!

God bless you,
In Jesus - Pat

July 12 - Jesus Calling

Whenever you feel distant from Me, whisper My Name in loving trust. This simple prayer can restore your awareness of My Presence.

My Name is constantly abused in the world, where people use it as a curse word. This verbal assault reaches all the way to heaven; every word is heard and recorded. When you trustingly whisper My Name, My aching ears are soothed. The grating rancor of the world’s blasphemies cannot compete with a trusting child’s utterance: “Jesus.” The power of My Name to bless both you and Me is beyond your understanding.

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
-Acts 4:12

“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”
-John 16:24

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday, July 13, 2015

Praying the house showing tomorrow will be the one that does the trick.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Trusted Contributor

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 47th. Wedding anniversary.

Wow how time flies when you are having fun.

Dave has to have that benign tumor removed tomorrow, they will just be giving him a local.

We will be able to go out to dinner in the evening to celebrate.

Hey Julie the spell checker does work! It doesn't work well on my tablet but it works on my computer.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Honored Contributor

lovestopaint, Happy Anniversary!  May the Lord continue to bless your marriage. 

I will have your DH in my prayers tomorrow.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Monday Blessings

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Esteemed Contributor

@lovestopaint wrote:

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 47th. Wedding anniversary.

Wow how time flies when you are having fun.

Dave has to have that benign tumor removed tomorrow, they will just be giving him a local.

We will be able to go out to dinner in the evening to celebrate.

Hey Julie the spell checker does work! It doesn't work well on my tablet but it works on my computer.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Good Morning Harlene~Heart

Happy Anniversary~Heart to you and your DH! How wonderful to celebrate 47 wonderful years! 

I'm happy that you figured out the spell checker here, it's such a handy tool.

And I'll keep prayers lifted for your DH's surgery tomorrow. I hope everything goes well and he heals quickly.

Blessings to you both~ 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

http://star.catchsmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/B-Good-Morning.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

http://www.worthywalk.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/arches.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Puddles and Julie.

Honored Contributor

Please continue to pray for amiracleneeded's son William - he is in ICU.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh