Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Holy Thursday

Hello my friends!  Holy Thursday already!! It'll be a long day for my husband, he gets off work at 5 and we'll  be at Church at 7.  It's usually a beautiful Mass.  We usually get organic potatoes, now that ours is all gone, the boughten organic ones are $3.00 for 5 pounds.  So high to get organic.  But it's so much better for us.  Keeps us healthy.  I just wonder why they have to be so expensive compared to the non organic.  My blessings today is that I had a nice nap with Sammy, he always likes to go to bed with me for naps, such a sweetie. I sure needed it,  I was so tired.  It was an ordinary quiet day here.

People should be able to look at us and see that we are different.  Lord, may

I be an example of Your love and learn to rely on You at all times.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"Your Father who sees in secret will reward you."  ~Matthew 6:4

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

In silence God's meaning can come to the heart.  I need not judge when
it enters the heart.  I can only judge by results.  God's word can be
spoken to the secret places of my heart and, in some hour of
temptation, I can find that word and realize its value for the first
time.  When I need it, I can find it there.  "Your Father who sees in
secret will reward you."

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may see God's meaning in my life.  I pray that I may
gladly accept what God has to teach me.

Lenten Reflections by Bishop Robert Barron

Lent Day 43

Cleansing Our Temple

We hear in the Gospel how Jesus entered the great Temple in Jerusalem—which for a Jew of that time was everything—and began to tear the place apart. Precisely because the Temple was supposed to be so holy, Jesus was flabbergasted at what had happened to it, how the trading of merchants had come to dominate what was supposed to be holy ground.

From the earliest days, Christian writers and spiritual teachers saw the Temple as symbolic of the human person. In fact, St. Paul himself referred to the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit. Your very self is meant to be a temple, where God’s spirit dwells and where prayer, communion with God, is central.

But what happens to us sinners? The moneychangers and the merchants enter in. What is supposed to be a place of prayer becomes a den of thieves. And so the Lord must do in us now what he did in the Temple then: a little house-cleaning.

One of the best ways that we can cooperate with this process is to go back to the basics of the Ten Commandments. Let’s just look at the first three. The first three commandments have to do with the question of one’s fundamental spiritual orientation: who or what, precisely, is the object of your worship? What do you hold to be spiritually basic? If we’re honest, a lot of us would say something like sex, pleasure, money, power, status, or to sum all of this up, our own egos. And so we need to hear the very first commandment: “I am the Lord your God; you shall not have other gods besides me.”

Next, you shall not disrespect God with your speech, for this leads rather quickly to a denigration of God: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.” This can seem fussy and puritanical, as though “swearing” is a terrible sin. But speech is a terribly powerful thing. What we say influences profoundly how we think and act, which in turn shapes our attitudes and behaviors.

And thirdly, you must worship this God on a regular basis. There is no place for the attitude of “I’m alright with God; I just have no time for going to Mass.” Or “I get nothing out of the Mass.” So what? You’re obliged to concretize your worship. “Keep holy the Sabbath day.”

What shape is the Temple of your soul in with regard to these first three commandments?

HONOR THE WOUNDS OF MY SON

Today the Gospa gives a Lenten message on the passion of Christ:

"Dear Children, in a special way this evening, I am calling you during Lent to honor the wounds of my Son, which he received from the sins of this parish. Unite yourselves with my prayers for the parish so that his sufferings may be bearable." (Weekly Message March 22, 1984).

In the prophet Isaiah we find the image of the suffering servant:

Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. ---Isaiah 53:4-6

Reflection:

Both the Blessed Virgin and Isaiah speak of the Savior who suffered for our sins: "By his wounds are we healed," the prophet writes. No one in Isaiah’s day would have dreamed that God would choose to save the world through a suffering servant, rather than a messianic king. The idea was contrary to human pride and logic. True, the Israelites offered animals as sacrifices for their sins. But a human being? The Messiah himself?

He was the Lamb of God, the sinless servant who offered himself in sacrifice for the sins of mankind; the Anointed One who suffered in place of the guilty.

How can we fathom such love? Today the Virgin tells us it is through prayer: "Honor the wounds of my Son. …Unite yourselves with my prayers." The Holy Spirit will give us insight into these deep currents of love which can be understood in no other way.

Application:

From The Imitation of Christ: "Take comfort in the passion of Christ, and dwell willingly in his sacred wounds. Endure with Christ, suffer for him, if you wish to reign with him."

Today, with a crucifix in your hands, offer the Lord’s Prayer in honor of each of the Savior’s wounds, concluding with your own prayer of dedication.

Prayer to Jesus re St. Rafqa

Oh, Jesus Christ, our God and Lord, You imprinted Your image of salvation upon the life of Saint Rafqa and made her a beloved one and a loyal worker because she prayed and shared with You in the Mystery of Redemption.

We humble ourselves before You, with her prayers and a plea, so that You may bless the children, enlighten the youth, make the weariness of people an occasion of grace and goodness, give the sick and those who are suffering the grace of healing, joy and happiness, and grant what they request to whoever prays to You in churches and monasteries. 

And as You have honored Rafqa by letting her see Your Heavenly Light, allow us throughout our life to live like her in faith, hope and love, to glorify and thank You with her, with the Blessed Mother and with all the Saints to the end of time.

CHAPLET OF SAINT GERTRUDE

If one prays the entire St. Gertrude Chaplet (see below), which is said on an ordinary rosary, Our Lord releases 50,000 souls from purgatory each time it is said! 
How easy it would be to empty out purgatory if we each prayed this form of the rosary just once a day!

How to pray the Chaplet of Saint Gertrude

The Chaplet of Saint Gertrude is prayed on an ordinary Rosary.

Beginning at the Cross, pray the "Apostle's Creed".

This is followed by 1 "Our Father", 3 "Hail Mary" and 1 "Glory be".

Starting on the Medal and then on the 4 large beads between each decade (sets of 10 beads), pray the "Our Father."

On each of the small beads (in the sets of 10 beads), say the following prayer:

"Eternal Father,
I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus,
in union with the Masses said throughout the world today,
for all the holy souls in Purgatory,
for sinners in the universal Church,
those in my own home,
and within my family.

Amen."

At the end of each set of 10 beads, say the following prayers:

"Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
open the hearts and minds of sinners
to the truth and light of God, the Father."

"Immaculate Heart of Mary,
pray for the conversion of sinners and the world."

and 1 "Glory be."

Then on the next large bead start again with the "Our Father".

Repeat above to the end of the Rosary.

The Resume of Jesus Christ
                        Address: Ephesians 1:20

Phone: Romans 10:13
                        Keywords: Christ, Lord, Savior and Jesus

Hello. My name is Jesus -The Christ. Many call me Lord! I've sent you 
my resume because I'm seeking the top management position in your 
heart. Please consider my accomplishments as set forth in my resume.

Qualifications
      I founded the earth and established the heavens, (See Proverbs  3:19)
      I formed man from the dust of the ground, (See Genesis 2:7)
      I breathed into man the breath of life, (See Genesis 2:7)
      I redeemed man from the curse of the law, (See Galatians 3:13)
      The blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant comes upon your life 
      through me, (See Galatians 3:14)

Occupational Background
      I've only had one employer, (See Luke 2:49).

I've never been tardy, absent, disobedient, slothful or disrespectful.
      My employer has nothing but rave reviews for me, (See Matthew 3:15-17)

Skills Work Experiences
      Some of my skills and work experiences include: empowering the  poor, 
      to be poor no more, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free,

healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind and setting  at
      liberty them that are bruised, (See Luke 4:18).

I am a Wonderful Counselor, (See Isaiah 9:6). People who listen 
     to me  shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil, (See Proverbs 1:33).

Most importantly, I have the authority, ability and power to 
     cleanse  you of your sins, (See I John 1:7-9)

Educational Background
      I encompass the entire breadth and length of knowledge, wisdom
       and understanding, (See Proverbs 2:6).
      In me are hid all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, (See
      Colossians 2:3).
      My Word is so powerful; it has been described as being a lamp
      unto your feet and a lamp unto your path, (See Psalms 119:105).
      I can even tell you all of the secrets of your heart, (See Psalms  44:21).

Major Accomplishments
      I was an active participant in the greatest Summit Meeting of
      all times, (See Genesis 1:26).
      I laid down my life so that you may live, (See II Corinthians 5:15).
      I defeated the archenemy of God and mankind and made a show of 
      them  openly, (See Colossians 2:15).
      I've miraculously fed the poor, healed the sick and raised the dead!  
      There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here.
      You can read them on my website, which is located at: www dot - the  BIBLE.

You don't need an Internet connection or computer to access my  website.

References
      Believers and followers worldwide will testify to my divine 
     healings, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration and supernatural
     guidance

In Summation
    Now that you've read my resume, I'm confident that I'm the only 
    candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your heart.
    I will properly direct your paths, (See Proverbs 3:5-6), and lead you into

everlasting life, (See John 6:47). When can I start? 
    Time is of the essence, (See Hebrews 3:15).

Send this resume to everyone you know, you never know who may have an 
opening!

Thanks for your help and may God bless you!

We thank you, Lord

whose finger touched our dust,

who gave us breath.

We thank you, Lord

who gave us sight and sense

to see the flowers,

to hear the wind,

to feel the waters in our hand.

To sleep with the night

and wake with the sun,

to stand upon this earth,

to hear your voice,

to sing your praise.

Our hearts are stirred

with each new sight and sound.

Like a stream

the whole world pours into our lives,

and eyes and hands,

And fills our souls

with the joy of gratitude

and living gladness.

We want to embrace

and experience and express

every good thing in your world.

O Lord our God,

how excellent is your name.

By

Terry C Falla

Australia

Opening Prayer for Wednesday of Holy Week

Father, in your plan of salvation your Son Jesus Christ accepted the cross and freed us from the power of the enemy. May we come to share the glory of his resurrection, for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Verse of the Day

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Galatians 2:19-20

March 23 - Jesus Calling

I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance. When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions. I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests. The more you pray, the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers.

Because I am infinite in all My ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the very heart of who I am. Come to Me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need—and sometimes much more! I delight in showering blessings on My beloved children. Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you.

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
—Psalm 36:7–9

I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food.
—Psalm 132:15

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.
—John 6:12–13