Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU THINK YOU ARE OLD?

[ Edited ]

I'm 60, far from being old.  But I do have a couple or crispy parts.

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone my MIL's age died she declared, "he/she was so young."

A friend of her died when they were both 80. Yep, we got the "but she was so young" spiel.  NO, she wasn't. She was past the average life expectancy for the average US woman at the time. Good grief.

Respected Contributor

There is an expression, The older I get the better I was.

I asked myself what the heck is a was. I am still here and getting better at not wishing but knowing. So I am not old. I am still learning, that is learning to forget better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think I'm old but my body is telling me differently.Robot tongue>

And someone just kindly pointed out that I'm also getting a little absent-minded. I so appreciate that.

Super Contributor

We did not consider ourselves old when we went out for lunch until the server said "would you like the senior menu".

We laughed so much as she thought she was being helpful but we felt insulted .So funny now we know we are old .

Respected Contributor

Since I turned 65 years old, things all started going down hill.  I keep thinking I can 'turn things around' but so far, haven't been able to - so I think I must be old now.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

My experience is you either grow old or die young.  Nearly thirty years ago, I had a cancer with less than 1% chance of a one-year survival.   I’m not old, I’m blessed.

@IamMrsG  .... May God continue to bless you over & over ❤️

Honored Contributor

Well I don't FEEL old so no I don't believe that I am....however I have no idea who many of the young celebrities are nor do I care.

Esteemed Contributor

In the morning I don't wake up feeling old....but the minute I roll over and try to get up....oh Lordy, I'm quickly reminded that indeed I am old...beyond old some days...more like decrepit. 

Valued Contributor

There are times I'll be reading the reviews of a clothing item, see the age of the reviewer, and think, "Oh, it doesn't matter to me what she thinks, she's old and would have different taste than a "young" woman like myself.  Then I realize I am older than she is. Smiley Mad