Respected Contributor

I would Love to nap.  But if I lay down I'm down for the count doesn't matter what time of day.  I've tried the 20 min nap, the one hour nap and I'm sluggish for hours afterwards.

I close my eyes and wake up in Six hours.  You can set a clock by me.

Honored Contributor

Sadie & Molly love to nap, too.

03086E33-A958-4F51-A96B-2462B22826DE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, I have had my thyroid removed via Radioactive Iodine, thyroid problems run on my mother's side of the family.  Yes, it is hereditary, mother, sister, grandmother, and aunts all have had their thyroids removed by surgery!  I have not been able to lose the weight I gained before I was able to get my levels of medication (synthroid), it took about a year, and it has changed a few times over the years.  So I know all about thyroid!

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU LOVE A GOOD NAP?

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee  Oh Ms Bee, I feel  badly for you. You definitely sound like me a few years ago. I even bought myself a great book on thyroid so I could educate myself about my newly acquired cond (genetic or not I do not know in my case and can no longer ask in the family). I had all of the symptoms of hypo but I am back on track.

BEST to you at your upcoming appointment. I hope you have a great Dr and one who listens to you and takes time, does the right things and asks you questions. Keep me posted here on how things go for you.

Certainly not at all lastly, God bless you for continuing to be a cancer survivor. I pray you never go through this again.

Honored Contributor

I don't like napping. I find it completely destroys my sleeping at night.

I loved the line in Hitchcock's "The Man Who Knew too Much" when Dr. McKenna went in error to Ambrose Chapel's place of employment and he said to his son when he told him to rest..... "I have centuries ahead to have a nice rest."

Respected Contributor

A Nap?  What is that?  Seriously, I WOULD "LOVE" TO BE ABLE TO TAKE A NAP!  I have terrible insomnia.  Had it all my life.  Just getting to sleep at night is a challenge, so being able to take a Nap would be delightful!  You Go Girl!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD: Thank you for your kind words and prayer. All of my family are deceased but I remembered yesterday that my mother had thyroid surgery because of the scar on her neck, but I do not remember the details but she was taking a small purple pill and she died in 1977.

Yesterday, really struggled to prepare a special meal for DH but no nap.

I have a good primary care doctor.

No nap today. I really feel guilty whenever I take a nap. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love a nap!  When my children stopped napping I was a wreck!  LOL! 

Now, I can and do nap when possible!   I sleep much sounder during the day than at night, don't know why.   Something to do with internal clocks, bio rhythms I guess. 😴

Honored Contributor
The heat really saps my energy, so now that the terrible heat is here, I must have my nap!
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee  You shouldn't feel guilty because your body is telling you something, to nap. If you feel you need one, take one, sit and relax for 30 minutes or so. Chances are you'll feel better afterwards, hope so anyway.