Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A LEAST FAVORITE MONTH?

I truly dislike the month of January.   In 1961, my dad was hospitalized most of the month with meningitis.   I was 5 and my baby brother was 2; we stayed with our maternal grandparents for those long weeks.   Due to the bad weather, and the seriousness of my dad’s condition, Mom spent the entire first week in town.  Dad had 2 brothers who lived close to the hospital; Mom ate and slept at their houses, and my uncles drove her back and forth to sit with my dad.   

My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer in January 1984, and again in January 2004.  He never left the hospital after the second surgery, so we lost him in the month of January.   My FIL also passed in January.

We started this year with a second cancer scare for my brother, but are praising God for the blessing of a benign growth this time.  

Valued Contributor

My least favorite month is November...Is long, dreary, cloudy, wet, colors are gone (up here in MI), getting colder and winter snow/cold is next.....

My favorite is April, when everything is uncovered, and starting to sprout...birds are coming back and singing..... life is rejuvenating.....

Respected Contributor

December with January a close second.

Respected Contributor

December for me.  Too many crazy impatient people out on the roads and in stores for a holiday that's the least favorite for me.   Hate it. 

Esteemed Contributor

July... AugustWoman Indifferent is no bargain either. Hate hot humid buggy weather.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

February is my least favorite month.  I don’t like winter and by Feb I’ve had enough.  As others have mentioned, Feb seems to drag on.  By March I begin to see changes in nature, signs of Spring. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  John, I agree. I'm happy for each day I wake up and each evening I sleep and all is well. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Because I live in CA, my least favorite month isn’t really affected by weather much or any weather-associated reasons as we get a fair amount of sunshine in winter - often more than in summer. No snow.

I’d have to say January because of after-holiday let-down spirits-wise, the state of my bank account from slight Xmas over-spending, and wondering if I will owe the IRS or they will owe me.  Lesser reasons might be flu season, and the New Years’ resolution, healthy-healthy-healthy kwap advertising. We do get our rain in Jan/Feb but that’s just incidental. As long as we don’t have another “weird storm of the century” like last year, I’m fine with rain; just ordered water-repellent shoes in another thread ;-)

My favorite season? Autumn.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

My least fav month is Feb. your at the end of winter and ready for spring.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Routinely, for decades, February has been my least favorite month. I can't pinpoint a reason for this. It's probably the coldest month in the Central Midwest. The shortest month. Valentine's Day, but I like that. Maybe it's the winter blues. I have no idea. So, I'm curious to hear from you -- what's your least favorite month and why? 

@jeanlake

I don’t have a least favorite month now but, when I lived up north - in the Midwest - February was my least favorite month. It always seemed like winter would never end by the time February came around. All that dirty ice and snow and gray skies... It was enough to make anyone miserable.