Esteemed Contributor

DO YOU HAVE A LEAST FAVORITE MONTH?

Routinely, for decades, February has been my least favorite month. I can't pinpoint a reason for this. It's probably the coldest month in the Central Midwest. The shortest month. Valentine's Day, but I like that. Maybe it's the winter blues. I have no idea. So, I'm curious to hear from you -- what's your least favorite month and why? 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A LEAST FAVORITE MONTH?

@jeanlake

You are looking at it, January! It's long and cold and dark. We have had very little sun this month. 

Trusted Contributor

Interesting question!  For me I would have to say August.  It's a long, very hot month without any fun holidays.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

January is my second least favorite. It's cold and I'm financially strapped from the holidays and entertaining. As a kid, I didn't like August -- back to school (Surprising my career is in education! Ha)

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Back north for me it would be March. Although I love wearing my winter outfits, I'd be sick of being cooped up indoors and not being able to do my favorite gardening. Down here in southwest Florida it is August when I begin to tire of 90º days and all the rain.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 least favorite months.  SUMMER!  I don't like hot weather, I love the cold weatther and the snow.  I am most happy when it snows.  I come from the snow belt of our state and had to move to the south western part where people are afraid of 2 inches.  I know I will be unpopular with most people but that's the way it is.

Honored Contributor

Hmm I was born in February so that is out, I am not a fan of the cold and the snow so Jan and Mar are good choices, but my dad passed away on Christmas Eve so that is up there also

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I have two, first March because it's so dreary and long, it just seems to never end,  and then August because it's always sooooooo hot and boring.

Esteemed Contributor

You're right. August is a boring month. When I retire from education, I think it would be a good month to plan a vacation, away from the heat. March is so windy in my region. That was my dad's least favorite month. September, on the other hand, is my favorite month. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Janfebmar.....is that one month?