Honored Contributor

Re: DO I STILL NEED A LAND LINE?

My cell phone is for me to make emergency only calls and texting.

There are only about 10 people that have the number and if I am asked I tell them I don't have one.

I'm not walking around all day long with the cell in my hand or pocket or  putting it under my pillow at night in case someone had an emergency and needed us.

Esteemed Contributor

We were bundled for twelve years and dropped landline last year; saved fifty dollars a month!

Honored Contributor

I know I still need my land line, I hate using a cell phone in the house. 

Honored Contributor

Our cell is for emergency only.  Like out in the car alone or on a trip.  We are here anyway, so the landline makes sense for us.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'll never get rid of mine.  Landlines are FREE w/my cable bundle.

I am bundled on Comcast, and it is not free, I pay an extraa $30.00 dollrs a month for it. But my son says if you get Facebook, you don't need a landline. But I'm keeping mine, feel safer. 

@HLP  That's strange.  My mother is also bundled w/Comcast & has 3 landlines & no cell.  Never a phone charge. 

I have Verizon FIOS, same thing.

@Mz iMac ...We have cell phones only and I hate them.  It's like being a slave, one almost has to hang the cell on a chain and wear it around your neck.  I want my landline back but this becomes an argument with my daughter.  We use Sling, HULU and Net Flix for the TV's but thinking of dropping Sling since they took away NBC On Demand.   May I ask what the cost is for the Verizon FIOS monthly?  One way or another I have to get my lanline back.  Woman Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

May I ask what the cost is for the Verizon FIOS monthly?  One way or another I have to get my lanline back.  Woman Frustrated

I'm currently on their Triple Play bundle - Perferred HD $98/month under a 2 yr contract.  My 100mbps internet is currently FREE & they recently extended my contract till 2021 AND dropped all bundles.

FIOS stopped their bundles a few weeks ago.  Everything is now mix & match, no extra fees or taxes.  No more negotiating, no more ordering over the phone, everybody pays the same.  Everything MUST be done online.  No exceptions.icon_exclaim.gif The good news for me is that I am grandfathered in till 2021 as far as dealing w/them over the phone. whew.gif

See below........

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at Sat, Feb 1, 2020-3.51.27 AM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Got rid of my landline about five years ago.  Love not having phone clutter everywhere and don't miss the robo calls at all.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

If you are more comfortable with landline, Please talk to your family. 

NBC/Comcast is coming out with a streaming service for their content in the future. They do have a  free app.

I watch NBC shows on Hulu, you can pay for Hulu by the year and not by the month.

You can watch new CBS shows with the app free. 

When the Disney introduced their streaming service. They started selling some discount bundles with the Disney and Hulu. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma 

If you are more comfortable with landline, Please talk to your family. 

NBC/Comcast is coming out with a streaming service for their content in the future. They do have a  free app.

I watch NBC shows on Hulu, you can pay for Hulu by the year and not by the month.

You can watch new CBS shows with the app free. 

When the Disney introduced their streaming service. They started selling some discount bundles with the Disney and Hulu. 

@Nuttmeg   When Sling dropped NBC on demand I immediately signed up with HULU so I wouldn't miss my shows.  The problem my daughter has with getting landline is the expense but I'm going to check out the cost.  We had landline for years like everyone else until cell phones became the rage, not for me thank you.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac ...Thanks so much for the information, 

you got lucky being grandfathered in until 2021.  I remember when life was a whole lot more simple before all the new  stuff came on board.  Technology can be a great thing but in  some cases, a pain in the you know what.  Woman Frustrated