Respected Contributor

Re: DO BIG CHANGES SHAKE YOU UP?

@Shanus

I feel your concern.  The older I get, the less I like change of any kind.  In fact, 10 years ago we updated our furniture, carpeting, paint and wood flooring.  Everything is exactly the same now. Everything I got at the time, I felt confident that it all matched nicely and my home looks and feels comfortable.  I've thought of new furniture and maybe new carpeting, but it all still looks good and I like it.  I don't change Doctors, I shop at the same places and on the rare times we eat out, we eat at the same two restaurants. We go to the same place for vacation.  It drives our children nuts, but we are happy and comfortable with our routine.  I think that's all that should matter.     

Super Contributor

Yes. Definitely. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ShanusWith me, I do better the more pleasent the task is!

Today after a rather long time at the cellular store, (the rep did a lot for me, very, very nice), I'm going through the pain of a new cell phone.  For me, it is a major pain!

@ECBG  I am so not tech savvy!! DH is because of his profession. I use my IPAD/cell for texting, calling, of course, email and shopping (duh!). I know nothing about using Word or other features. Even when the guys at the Apple store help explain issues, I leave more confused. I think if you grow up using these gadgets, as my kids did, it’s not so puzzling. Hubby’s advice that as long as everything is backed up on Cloud (mystery how that works, too), I can try things out, change settings, go to all sites, etc. Even my printer is a challenge...need to learn how to change toner, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Shanus

I feel your concern.  The older I get, the less I like change of any kind.  In fact, 10 years ago we updated our furniture, carpeting, paint and wood flooring.  Everything is exactly the same now. Everything I got at the time, I felt confident that it all matched nicely and my home looks and feels comfortable.  I've thought of new furniture and maybe new carpeting, but it all still looks good and I like it.  I don't change Doctors, I shop at the same places and on the rare times we eat out, we eat at the same two restaurants. We go to the same place for vacation.  It drives our children nuts, but we are happy and comfortable with our routine.  I think that's all that should matter.     

@Georgiagrama  That sounds like me, too. DH still kids me that on our honeymoon (almost 50 yrs. ago), there were so many great foods to experience in the Caribbean, but I safely ordered prime rib for 8 nights in a row. He was enjoying pepper pot soup, seafood/rice dishes, etc.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI learned all of that being a teacher.  One day my tests were done in Word and not by hand.  The conversations from all of the teachers  learning at the same time was quite something!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I do not like routines or to have to follow schedules.  I'd rather free lance life.  I like each day to be different.  

Changes usually don't bother me, unless somone changed something for the worse and I have to deal with it.

I am a flexible person for the most part.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Today after a rather long time at the cellular store, (the rep did a lot for me, very, very nice), I'm going through the pain of a new cell phone.  For me, it is a major pain!

@ECBG  I am so not tech savvy!! DH is because of his profession. I use my IPAD/cell for texting, calling, of course, email and shopping (duh!). I know nothing about using Word or other features. Even when the guys at the Apple store help explain issues, I leave more confused. I think if you grow up using these gadgets, as my kids did, it’s not so puzzling. Hubby’s advice that as long as everything is backed up on Cloud (mystery how that works, too), I can try things out, change settings, go to all sites, etc. Even my printer is a challenge...need to learn how to change toner, etc. 

@Shanus I could have written your response here!! I believe I have noticed several similarities with us me before. I think we're long lost twins,lol.

Honored Contributor

No , changes actually excite me and I don't mind at all..... DH isn't one for too many changes, but I need it .... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

When I feel myself resisting change I dig in and try to level out. I've wasted a lot of emotion over the years fretting over things that may actually turn out okay or things I cannot control. Accept the things we cannot change .... change the things we can. Not an easy task!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus I could have written your response here!! I believe I have noticed several similarities with us me before. I think we're long lost twins,lol.

@TX-starlight   Hi “Sis”. So, you can’t work your techie stuff either? I’m great, though, at remembering to plug them in at night to charge. 🤪