Honored Contributor

Re: DO BIG CHANGES SHAKE YOU UP?

[ Edited ]

@dex and @phoenixbrd I agree with you. I like change too. It makes me more alert, which is good for me at this stage in my life! ha!

I like that I am learning new things all the time thru my travels. Meeting new people and experiencing different cultures broadens my horizons. It makes me appreciate the United States more, yet I'm learning to appreciate the differences we have with other countries.

I even make changes in my everyday life to keep me discovering new things. Like at the grocery store. Just little things, like going the opposite way I usually go down the aisle, going to a different grocery store, one I have never been in. I find a whole bunch of products I hadn't seen before, even though they were probably in my usual store. LOL! 

Driving home a different way from work several times is another way I like to "shake" things up.

I would welcome a big change like moving to another town or state if need be, even though I would miss the people I have known most of my life. 

It's a matter of opening yourself up to experience what life has to offer you. Love it! Keeps me mentally sharp.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  Love your perspective and energy.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 sorry to heat that your life is feeling unsettled.You have such a great sense of humor about everything that I guessed you were managing well.I hope that soon you will feel comfortable with all of your changes and happy too.

Honored Contributor

Living means changing. 

Honored Contributor

Since we can't control change, I find it something that we must accept and make the best of in most instances.  I also love to look at every day as a possibility to learn something or make something better, even if it is just making my closet a little neater.

I don't know how else to deal with the world.

Honored Contributor

In the corporate world, they say this about change:  People don't like it and will resist it.  It has never been a big deal to me; I roll with the punches.  I can adjust to any situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624@I like your response...You must be a happy or at least contented person.Life is easier for those who can roll with the punches as you said.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tend to like change - it's how we grow and adapt and learn. 

But like @dex mentioned - not all change is good, of course, like illness or sickness.

In the corporate world, many many people do not embrace change and they are the ones that don't do well IMO.

Honored Contributor

YES!   I am awful with change. Love routine. Same ol same ol.... 

If I ever lived in a disaster area and lost everything.... I just can not imagine how I would deal with that.  The people I see who go through the fires or the floods and lose everything.... just feel so heart broken for them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't respond well to changes in technology (more like a very slow crawl).

In that change is a part of life, I just go through it, but not happily.  I don't know how people make the really hard changes in life. I guess the alternative has to be horrible.

What we're used to is all too comfortable.  I am a routine person and have always been.