Honored Contributor

We woke up a few hours ago. I didn't realize how many clocks we had to change:  alarm clocks, wall clocks, microwave, ovens, DVRs and then there are watches. 

Hope everyone has a restful day!

Respected Contributor

Re: DID YOU CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS?

[ Edited ]

Not many clocks to change here...one alarm clock, the programmable thermostat, the coffee pot, micro, and stove.

Honored Contributor

one clock here on microwave

everything else is tech

I don't bother with the thermostats when it's summer the ac is on time, as is the heat

Esteemed Contributor

Here we are back to changing the clocks, I really wish the higher ups would just stop it.   Seems so silly and unnecessary.  But I digress, I know this has been discussed adnauseam.   At least we gained an hour this time around, gives me more time to prepare for football !!

Yes have a great day everyone Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I changed a few last night. Had to change my microwave clock this morning. And also had to change my oven clock, which surprised me, because it's connected to WI-FI.

my phone changed on its own as did my watch. 

I need to change the time on the clock hanging above the mantle, but that requires me to get up on a short ladder.  I fell off that ladder in January, by stupidly missing the bottom step coming down, so I would like someone to be here with me when I do that.

I will do my car clock when I go out today. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this!  

Yes, I changed every clock and felt so glad to have it over with. There were 4 analog wall clocks and my wristwatch.  I remembered to change the digital stove clock and the digital microwave clock and managed to keep them displaying the same time in the same room. (It drives me nuts when they say different times.)

The cable boxes, my phone, computers, and Alexa devices change the time display automatically, so I was spared further hassle. 

Why do I thank you for your post? By reading replies that itemized what others did, I realized I forgot to change my thermostat clock!  Could have been a chilly morning coming along where the heat would come up an hour "late"!  Glad to be reminded to attend to that change. 

BTW, don't forget to change the clock in the car! Although my 2017 Honda has so many doodads and gizmos, it still needs to have me change the clock! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a small clock on my night stand, an old fashioned analog clock that I keep on a small shelf in the bathroom and one on the fireplace mantle that all have to be changed this morning.

I can't remember if the clock in the car does it automatically or if I have to change it.  

ETA:  Yes the microwave clock and the one in the oven as well!

Honored Contributor

No not yet---have a few to change---keep hoping this will be the last time we need to do that----

Honored Contributor

I changed my few clocks , but I had a restless night. For the first time in a long time I dreamed about work, and it was just one frustrating experience after another. When I woke up and realized I wasn't at the hospital where I worked, I felt such relief ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Here we are back to changing the clocks, I really wish the higher ups would just stop it.   Seems so silly and unnecessary.  But I digress, I know this has been discussed adnauseam.   At least we gained an hour this time around, gives me more time to prepare for football !!

Yes have a great day everyone Smiley Happy

Some legislation was passed that this will be our last time on standard time. When we move our clocks next spring we will remain on Daylight Savings Time and stop changing. I thought it was a done deal, but I saw an article last week with the word if in it.

Daylight Savings is difficult for those of us on the western side of a time zone. The sun rises well after 8:00 am in October. I suspect it will be between 8:30 and 9:00 in mid-December if we ramain on Daylight Savings next year.