Respected Contributor

Re: DID ENOUGH POSTERS REMAIN?

I am still here. If these boards close I will not go to other boards. Just not interested.

I sure hope these boards remain. I have really enjoyed them.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

It doesn't have to be either or, at least for now. Just taking it day by day but Facebook will never be an option for me. 

@GenXmuse 

I am actually on FB. I had started to follow the  We love QVC page about two months ago, and I stopped following them last week. It was working my last nerve before the QVC fiasco. It was a tie between Customer Service QVC complaints, or the other extreme all rainbows and skittles. Then you had the posters who wanted to be moderators who were constantly calling out people for any perceived infraction. Very boring! It's also impossible to have real interaction with that type of format. 

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Pearlee Aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Perhahps verify before you accuse and attempt to bully.

@reiki604  Yeah, well, I alwsys think that about you too. 

@Pearlee good, because I will always stand up against bullying. Dang I wish this board had the ignore feature. 

@reiki604 It does just ignore. Anybody can make a mistake when identifying a poster. She said she was sorry. What is the big deal?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So we all know who the poster was who said she was banned, started a rant thread here last night, and okay it was a mistake.  She wasn't really banned.....

What I found interesting not, was the comments she had made about those of us who are still posting here.  Really ignorant comments.  

I would report abuse on a post like that, here, and hope it would be removed.  (Actually, her whole thread last night was removed, thankfully.)

Wonder if it still remains on the proboards?

Valued Contributor

I'm not a big poster, but I do try when I have time, which is not too often.  I did register on the other site but haven't navigated it much yet.  It seems very nice and is wonderful the ladies got it put together, and so quickly.  I will continue reading and doing my occasional posting on both sites.  FaceBook is definitely not for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I'm still checking in here but primarily posting on the other forum.  I am finding it easy to navigate and much more interesting.  I haven't seen the bickering and over moderation on that forum that there is here.  I am more satisfied there.  The format is very much the same there as it is here.

I also don't believe these forums will remain much past the New Year.  I am worried that they will just delete them without warning next time and posters will be without a place to post.

@NickNack 

My thoughts exactly.  

I have met many thoughtful, kind, generous, people here.  

But, the ongoing nit picking, and attention seeking, REDUNDANT ‘new’ threads of some, make it hard to see the genuine kindness that is available. 

Choice is good.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

So we all know who the poster was who said she was banned, started a rant thread here last night, and okay it was a mistake.

What I found interesting not, was the comments she had made about those of us who are still posting here.  Really ignorant comments.  

I would report abuse on a post like that, here, and hope it would be removed.  (Actually, her whole thread last night was removed, thankfully.)

Wonder if it still remains on the proboards?

I have no idea what posts are being referenced here.  I am on Proboards and this forum too.  If you have never read Proboards, please do not assume anything.  When posts are not posted in their entirety, without the entire thread taken into consideration, they can lose meaning or gain another whole meaning.  They must be read in context.

The Proboard was created ONLY because it was announced that this one was closing.  It is not an us against them situation.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Pearlee Aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Perhahps verify before you accuse and attempt to bully.

@reiki604  Yeah, well, I alwsys think that about you too. 

@Pearlee good, because I will always stand up against bullying. Dang I wish this board had the ignore feature. 

@reiki604 It does just ignore. Anybody can make a mistake when identifying a poster. She said she was sorry. What is the big deal?

Hail, Hail, the gangs all here LOL!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@author wrote:

@Shanus 

I think many of us who remain here for whatever reasons rather than going to a new board have to keep this one current and interesting.

Many times I think of a thread I'd like to post but then don't do it it for whatever reason. In future I'll try and become a bit more involved and contribute more here to help keep these boards vital, fun, informative. We all need to do that!

@author   I'm pitching in, but seeing a lot, maybe too many, of my blue posts all over.

@Shanus 

What is the cause in which you are ‘pitching in’?

In the end, assuming QVC is available, people will gravitate to the board which they find most interesting, and well managed. Redundant posts aren’t going to cut it.

I myself like to see photos.  They are very easy to post on 

Q Forum Friends.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Time to move on....enough already